IQ

What is your iq?

• Total voters

bujin

Reaction score
Online tests usually give me a result of around 155-ish. But they're rubbish.

My IQ test in school came out with 142.

But the whole IQ thing is rubbish really!

cjp

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
studying your primary language will certainly improve your ability to score well at the language part.

I did an english IQ test (actually a US test), and it gave me a much higher score than a (dutch) test without a language part.

Maybe you think "OK, then your english must be very good", but that can't be it. In fact, I had to guess many of the language-related questions because I didn't know the exact meaning of certain words.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
I doubt that much people have an IQ above 140. It seems to be based on internet tests mostly anyway. Forget it. It is rubbish really. The world must be full of geniuses, especially the internet, which is definately not the case. You can also calculate your lifespan and even your day of death. Funny, but rubbish.

Omhra

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
142... consistent. Once I scored 152, but I do not believe it since after that when I applied for Mensa... I came up one point short... since then I have wondered the streets calling for my mind... it never answers.
Tests while studying Psych... BTW

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
IQ is a pretty useless measure of intelligence anyway. If is biased towards some areas and completely ignores other areas of intelligence.
I agree. It says my IQ is 108, and here I am able to fly a spaceship. Plus, it was only asking math questions you'de have to be in college to answer.

synonys

Reaction score
I doubt that much people have an IQ above 140.
Says the dude posting on ORBITER-FREAKING-FORUM. Is it really surprising that people with high IQs would be really interested in a space sim?

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think the IQ tests I've taken online all have a "feel sorry for the moron" line in their code that always tells me I'm smart when the code sees my real score...

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Says the dude posting on ORBITER-FREAKING-FORUM. Is it really surprising that people with high IQs would be really interested in a space sim?
Well a high IQ isn't necessarily a prerequisite for Orbiter as it has been shown a six year old is able to navigate to and land on the moon (in Orbiter).

I find it somewhat unlikely that a true IQ of 140+ would be a large percentage of Orbinauts as they make up less than a percent of the population (2 2/3 standard deviations). (assuming IQ is normally distributed stdev 15) 2.2% of people are 130+. But I could be wrong about the true IQ distribution here.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
I find it somewhat unlikely that a true IQ of 140+ would be a large percentage of Orbinauts as they make up less than a percent of the population (2 2/3 standard deviations).

+ most highly intelligents join the airforce, airline training or a real space agency instead to stuck in little simulations like Orbiter and MSFS.

Most real pilots I know never even heard about something like Orbiter or MSFS. They simply do not have time for such things, beside job and family. That's why a lot of addon developers of MSFS are retired / former pilots (or just fly small aicraft), if they are pilots at all.

Well a high IQ isn't necessarily a prerequisite for Orbiter...

Just look at me:rofl:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
+ most highly intelligents join the airforce, airline training or a real space agency instead to stuck in little simulations like Orbiter and MSFS.

I tend to disagree there. Some people may be smart but they can't join the airforce, etc.
They just aren't cut out for it.

And there are a lot of other jobs highly intelligent people can take, and still be interested in "stuck in little simulations".

Moonwalker

Reaction score
I tend to disagree there. Some people may be smart but they can't join the airforce, etc.
They just aren't cut out for it.

And there are a lot of other jobs highly intelligent people can take, and still be interested in "stuck in little simulations".

Yes, some people are smart. But a lot of people are not really aware that 130 already is the genius-threshold (115 already fits to only 16% of the population). Less than 0,5% of the population has an IQ around 140 while less than 0,1% has an IQ above 155. And I don't think they (the real 140+ ones) are assembled here. Otherwise Orbiter and its development for sure would be different ;)

cjp

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, some people are smart. But a lot of people are not really aware that 130 already is the genius-threshold (115 already fits to only 16% of the population). Less than 0,5% of the population has an IQ around 140 while less than 0,1% has an IQ above 155. And I don't think they (the real 140+ ones) are assembled here. Otherwise Orbiter and its development for sure would be different ;)

I thought 115 (or something like that) was the current average, because IQ tests are normalized on people of about a century ago (when there was not as much education, video games etc.).

I also thought scores between 120 and 130 are quite normal for university students. Probably even higher for the average physicist/mathematician, as they have had more intense training.

If we have to believe the internet tests, the 140+ are assembled here.I even know someone who scored 158! For me, it has always been somewhere between 130 and 144.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
Real IQ tests take severel hours actually. But if we talk about internet tests, I think, yes, we have the best geniuses here ;)

A level of 120 to 130 indeed is quite normal for a lot of university students, but which is only about 6%, at least in Germany. But to become a member of Mensa International for example, a holding organization for high IQ people (about 100.000 members worldwide), you need at least 131 according to tests within German-speaking areas. 100 is quite averagely (50%). But 115 already fits to only 16%. I did a test some years ago (it took almost a whole day, including pauses), which put me into the university level but still well below the genius level for Mensa International. But I feel still very pleased with that. Everybody can because it is still anything but average.

Anyway, Albert Einstein got 148, and Bill Gates even more than 150. In Germany we have a professor who got 132 in a TV show IQ test and also won "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" while he was pretty cool in doing so. A german female moderator also got 132 in the TV test, but no surprise, she is a former Lufthansa Boeing 737 first officer.

By the way, George Bush got 124 I read somewhere. I did not expect him to still get that much actually, if the value is correct :rofl:

BHawthorne

Simpit Builder
Donator
Reaction score
I read the internet daily, so I had to put 0-50. That's usually compounded by the fact I typically open my mouth and speak my mind. Remember we're only as smart as the first things out of our mouths. ;D

Lambo

I miss IRC
Reaction score
Heh, from taking a real IQ test some years back and maybe one or two online ones which seem to stay at around 120-121 I'll be putting that number in.