Gaming iPhone Space Flight

dutchpirate

XR Fleet Skin Designer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
While there are a lot of space themed shooters, it's not as easy to find space flight sim apps for the iPhone/iPod.

I found one, iOrbiter, that I've only played the Lite(free) version so far. The objective is to change/transfer orbit using main and retro thrust. There is a trajectory plot as a helper, but other than that it's all visual.

I find it entertaining for a couple or orbits when I have 10-15 minutes to kill. Any suggestions for other apps to try?

dutchpirate

XR Fleet Skin Designer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have Wings: Earth, but the reviews for Galaxy were not encouraging, I was thinking of waiting for a few updates first, what do you think of it?

Columbia42

Reaction score
I don't like it very much. The procedural generator is, well, practically nonexistent and the gameplay is far from smooth. (Lots of interrruptions for loading planet textures and things.) There is also a very limited amount of space to explore. (4 planets and 4 asteroid fields.) Wings Earth is a lot better.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
I have Space Shuttle by Laminar Research. They put out a lot of great flight simulators for iOS. Of course, I also have F-SIM Shuttle, which is only a landing simulator. Very nice graphics though.

GoForPDI

Good ol' Max Peck
Reaction score
I have spotted two Apollo sims already! X Plane Apollo and Apollo 11: The Game. Search Apollo 11 and they should come up ;)