I'm leaving you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
Instead of worrying about the Internet connection, better prepare for 230V AC electricity here... Or learning the critical sentences in German, for example "Ich möchte diesen Teppich nicht kaufen",

Bringing converters are a must for every international traveler.

I haven't taken German in some time, but isn that, "I'd like this rug without paying" Makes sense if you're soon to be talking to the police.

I would think the most important phrase anyone could know in Germany is:
"Wo is die Kneipen"

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Never knew you, so who cares................

By the way, may you ever venture into The Netherlands were I'm from ( small country next to "primative" Germany) I have heard rumors that there are some internet sites there as well................
:rofl:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I haven't taken German in some time, but isn that, "I'd like this rug without paying" Makes sense if you're soon to be talking to the police.

Actually it means "I don't want to buy this rug". And is actually a quote from a pretty popular beer ad here.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
don't want to get you conversions confused:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6D1YI-41ao"]YouTube- Monty Python - Dirty Hungarian Phrasebook[/ame]

N.

Sunhillow

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
... and if you want to go to a restaurant, you will be pleased about the friendlyness at these places.
Here is a typical example for Bavaria:

Although it will be a bit different in Kölle, don't worry. They are heartful people too :thumbup:

Edit:
some hi-tech loving families here use advanced devices for internet connection you probably won't know in US:
akustikkoppler.jpg

Last edited:

kevin1gamer

Reaction score
You do realize Germany is a first world country, right, and they have internet access there just like the US? (If not better)

Most people who go overseas for a semester try to learn at least something about the country they are going to.

I only have one year of German under my belt, but I have to do this. It's my dream.

MajorTom

Ker-splash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Did I read correctly...485 forums? No wonder he's had only time to make 8 posts here! And I thought I was spreading myself thin, posting to 5 whole forums. :p

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
Only several.

Maybe you should ask the CIA first, about what they know about Germany as short and accurate summary...

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/gm.html

Internet country code: .de
Internet hosts: 23.796 million (2009) country comparison to the world: 3
Internet users: 61.973 million (2008) country comparison to the world: 6

https://www.cia.gov/library/publica...ermany&countryCode=gm&regionCode=eu&rank=6#gm

Oh, and we do have fridges here, too.

Whoa!

You people have fridges?

earthorbit

Desktop Crasher
Reaction score
Kind of...
In Winter, we take all the snow and put it into a cavern and hope it's not melting till summer. Then, in summer we put our drinks in. :)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Kind of...
In Winter, we take all the snow and put it into a cavern and hope it's not melting till summer. Then, in summer we put our drinks in. :)

After kicking the bear out of the cave of course. :rofl:

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
After kicking the bear out of the cave of course. :rofl:

Ah, those were the times, when bears were plentiful. We would hike some 20 miles, with a couple of wheelbarrows nailed to our foot tendons with barbed wire, uphill in the snow both ways, just to kick a bear from a cave to another. It was a good, competitive, healthy sport.

Then, when we ran our of bears, we started using balls made of lead (which we previously bounced on our heads as a cure for stone axe-induced headaches), and in time leather balls filled with air.

You may not know it, but football derives from "Fußball", which was once known as Fußbär. Originally the Bundesliga was called "Bärliga".

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You may not know it, but football derives from "Fußball", which was once known as Fußbär. Originally the Bundesliga was called "Bärliga".

Yeah, many people don't remember how it was like in 1948, when PETA forced the Allied Control Council to forbid us our traditional sport. When top teams like the Bärussia Dortmund or Hertha-Bärlin fought for the trophy. The same forces also hindered the German Wrestling Foundation from fights with US wrestlers, maybe it was also that the US wrestlers had been afraid of the bears. They even took bear sledge from us, they did not even allow us to use bobcats instead.

Luckily, we are still permitted to do traditional Biathlon, moving on ski through a whole state, shooting as many sleeping bears as possible.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
485 forums... I thought that I had no life. Hope she's worth it...

Would you shoot (or kick) the bear if it offered you beer?

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
485 forums... I thought that I had no life. Hope she's worth it...

Would you shoot (or kick) the bear if it offered you beer?

I'd hope he'd be up for knocking a few back with me. I think drinking with a bear would be a pretty good time.

And 485 forums is excessive. Even if you just checked like 10% of those daily, you're still spending a pretty hefty amount of time on the computer.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I'd hope he'd be up for knocking a few back with me. I think drinking with a bear would be a pretty good time.

Drinking with a bear is already nearing Siberian conditions, don't you think? :rofl:While being in a Sauna with a bear is Finnish Roulette...

And 485 forums is excessive. Even if you just checked like 10% of those daily, you're still spending a pretty hefty amount of time on the computer.

I have just 3 forums, out of which I frequent one only once per week.

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
Drinking with a bear is already nearing Siberian conditions, don't you think? :rofl:While being in a Sauna with a bear is Finnish Roulette...

I have just 3 forums, out of which I frequent one only once per week.
Finnish Roulette-:rofl:

I have 3 forums, 2 political ones that this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.