Horizon Aerospace

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hi
I am creating my own orbiter space industry. I am going to make paints for various craft like the DGIV and the XR series. Let me know what you think

picture.php

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Forgive my blunt approach, but if you have something like a virtual space agency in mind, my thoughts are like so: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/blog.php?b=780 .

If you just want to create logos and skins, I don't think there is much to comment on. Of course you are free to do so, but I wouldn't expect much audience for skins or logos of a fictional and unknown space "company".

What could work, though, is some sort of private story-line (e.g. like Gary's ISA, Doug's Altea or WHAP's AIA ), preferably backed by original content like space ports, vessels or even only scenario sets. Logos, however, I don't see as original content.

regards,
Face

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I was thinking of making an island base. Does any one know a free island i could use as close to the equator as possible?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Why not have a look on google maps or on a globe? Why not create a fictional one like Overton Island is?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Why not have a look on google maps or on a globe? Why not create a fictional one like Overton Island is?

But he should stay away from Ras Hafun.

That is mine, mine, mine!

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Lol. How can i make my own island?

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Forgive my blunt approach, but if you have something like a virtual space agency in mind, my thoughts are like so: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/blog.php?b=780 .

If you just want to create logos and skins, I don't think there is much to comment on. Of course you are free to do so, but I wouldn't expect much audience for skins or logos of a fictional and unknown space "company".

What could work, though, is some sort of private story-line (e.g. like Gary's ISA, Doug's Altea or WHAP's AIA ), preferably backed by original content like space ports, vessels or even only scenario sets. Logos, however, I don't see as original content.

regards,
Face

I made the logo my self using gimp 2.0. It is original

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
But he should stay away from Ras Hafun.

That is mine, mine, mine!

If I was going to do an island base I'd go for St. Helena, nice and close to Ascension but far enough away it could be good for some training.

Others that interest me are Kwajalein Island, Pitcairn and the Falklands.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If I was going to do an island base I'd go for St. Helena, nice and close to Ascension but far enough away it could be good for some training.

Others that interest me are Kwajalein Island, Pitcairn and the Falklands.

I selected Ras Hafun some years ago... pretty nice location for a spaceport, a peninsula not that far from the equator and pretty large as well. Bad side: It is in Somalia, not really the place for rocketry. :lol:

wehaveaproblem

One step closer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wehaveaproblem.wordpress.com
Check out Diego Garcia. I earmarked it for a sister base to Ascension, but that aint ever gonna happen lol.

So take a look, it's a pretty place, has an existing airbase to work from and is only about 7degrees from the equator.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Garcia"]Diego Garcia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Good luck with the project.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I made the logo my self using gimp 2.0. It is original

I meant the term "original" more in the sense of fancy/inventive/originally as in "interesting new content". I'm no native English speaker, but AFAIK, the English word "original" is used for both meanings. While it may be new content, I do not find it interesting. That's what my statement there was about.

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I meant the term "original" more in the sense of fancy/inventive/originally as in "interesting new content". I'm no native English speaker, but AFAIK, the English word "original" is used for both meanings. While it may be new content, I do not find it interesting. That's what my statement there was about.

Sorry, i misunderstood you

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
That is an interesting take on a logo.

What is the context that you have in mind for it? Like, is it gonna be a few years into the future....a few decades....a century?

Do you see it as a private industrial endeavour? or a national government supported/based thing?

I found in my own workings of a VSA, get a nice backstory going and then things will fall into place.

Of course all of this doesn't mean much if you don't actually fly anything.....

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
:2cents:

Nothing here really needs to be "backed." So long as you have a story, and motivation to push on with it, I'd love to hear of it. :thumbup:

(*Eyes his own dust-collecting Cavradyne Industries.*)

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I was thinking it could be a private company set up in the near future, a time where commercial space flight is relatively cheap. Like £30,000 for a trip to the iss.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
If you take a look at my ISA setup it's got something of a back story for why it exists and for each base and vehicle that it uses. For me, setting up a VSA was a way of giving myself a series of goals in orbiter and having some fun with it.

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I like your website and i doubt i will be able to make something of that standard. I think i will make a base on Diego Garcia. I have no coding skills but i will try. Does any one know where i can get high resolution textures for the island?