Home Cockpit sim

Salun

Das Bluejay El DESTROY YOU ALL
Reaction score
I wasloking at possible new perihpals for my computer as my latest bit to do my 18 month upgrade to my system. Definatlly finally adding rudder pedals to my X52. However I did have some seemingly random questions.

Saitek has released a series of home cockpit interment displays that come with an SDK. Can or has anyone ever tried making them work with or as Orbiter MFD's?

2.Im thinking of getting a new throttle quadrant. Using FlybyWire could I program a Saitek quadrant to act as say a XR series main engine, Hover engine and Scram jet?

3. I've seen these insane home built fighter and comercail built flight simulators. Toggles and switches and hydrolics. Has anyone ever tried or thought of building say a space shuttle simulator using orbiter?

Salun was Here!.....waiting for his new 2gb graphics card....

yagni01

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
1) They're pretty expensive for what you get and you would basically have to rewrite the MFD.

2) You could do main, retro and hover, but there is no way to access the SCRAM engines from FBW.

3) The sims aren't insane, but the term could apply to those of us building one. :tiphat: I suggest you do a search for the terms simpit or flight deck. You'll find a good handful. I think toddwess built the only Shuttle replica, though. http://www.toddwess.com/shuttle/index.htm

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
As to 1), which saitek product are you referring to?

The instrument panels could I think be connected to Orbiter, but the information they show is really only useful for aerial flight, and they're also *very* expensive.

The radio panel would be fairly easy to hook up to Orbiter, although I don't think they have an SDK for that and it only works in FSX.

The multi-panel wouldn't be easy to hook up to Orbiter, since there's no standardized way to handle all the things on that panel for any vessel.

TDJ

Reaction score
Good afternoon, I write because I am working on a home cockpit for the Orbiter. My problem is that I want to drive witnesses are on, for example, with the landing gear when I press the button flashes me a witness and when lowered the fixed witness on how can I do to stay? Thank you very much
a greeting