Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
That reminds me, has anyone rebuilt the east wall door yet? I'm on summer holidays now so should be able to do it fairly swiftly.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
has anyone rebuilt the east wall door yet?
Woo482 started rebuilding it last year, but I think he only disassembled the gate for now. :lol:

Anyway, I've been avoiding it last time I was around without even checking if it was rebuilt, and instead I was using other doors.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Ok, I'll build it back up into a functional 3x3 gate tomorrow. I'll probably need some sticky pistons, I doubt I have enough iron or slime to build the required number. Should I use one of the "professional" designs that's almost impossible to understand the workings of, or should I use my own homebrew design, that's simpler but takes up more room?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Jango, last time i checked, the End Farm was in a state of violent disrepair.
Is that fixed by now?

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I believe all was fine as long as you have a pumpkin on your head, but they did teleport around yes. I shall check if this is still the case shortly.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

I can confirm that jedimaster has done a fine job in teleport proofing the end farm, and it now works far more efficiently than it did. I do feel that it was built a bit too close to the end island though, based on the number of endermen that were waiting on the cliffs to greet me as I returned.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I do feel that it was built a bit too close to the end island though, based on the number of endermen that were waiting on the cliffs to greet me as I returned.

Nah. They just waited to greet you there. :p

(The farm is more than 200 meters away.)

By the way, the area around main spawn isn't mob safe. A creeper was waiting for me at the corner when I was going down the stairs. I fixed damaged stone bricks pavement and a missing stair, but I think a couple of dirt blocks are still missing. I'll get some dirt from home next time to fix it. EDIT: Fixed with dirt from the resource world.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Ok. The east gate has been rebuilt into a functional and (hopefully) future proof 3x3 Piston door. It is autoclosing, but I ran out of repeaters for that part, so it currently closes a bit too quickly. I should be able to fix this soon.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Server has been updated to 1.6.2.

As always, let me know if you run into any problems.

JSwift

Reaction score
Hi Hielor

I'm late to the Minecraft party and your server but I popped into Orbiterworld a while ago to have a quick peek - impressive builds! I'm new to SMP but I've gone through my first SSP addiction so I'm past the initial noob phase. Don't know how much time I'll have to spend online but I'll try it out sometime if you'll add me.

MC nick = J_Lounge

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hi Hielor

I'm late to the Minecraft party and your server but I popped into Orbiterworld a while ago to have a quick peek - impressive builds! I'm new to SMP but I've gone through my first SSP addiction so I'm past the initial noob phase. Don't know how much time I'll have to spend online but I'll try it out sometime if you'll add me.

MC nick = J_Lounge
Added you.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Server will be down for a couple days for maintenance reasons. Don't panic, nothing's lost, I'm just testing some things.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You had to divert server resources to complete your Evil Doomsday Weapon of Doom on schedule, didn't you?

:p

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Server's back up. As always, let me know if you see any issues.

And what Evil Doomsday Weapon of Doom? I don't know what you're talking about...mwahahahaha....

Axertan

Reaction score
Hi, when I try to connect, I get a message saying "Outdated client". I have he latest version that is automatically downloaded (1.6.2). No mods, just vanilla download. Maybe I missed something? Thx

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hi, when I try to connect, I get a message saying "Outdated client". I have he latest version that is automatically downloaded (1.6.2). No mods, just vanilla download. Maybe I missed something? Thx
Maybe try uninstalling/reinstalling Minecraft completely?

I didn't have any troubles connecting to the server, and I tried with two different computers.

If you're using the launcher, make sure you grab the new version of the launcher from the website.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I had no problems connecting yesterday with 1.6.2 version I downloaded a few days ago, but I patched the profile I use by default with Forge and MCPatcher, so it doesn't update automatically when there's new Minecraft release, because it switched to use only that local version.

If you use vanilla Minecraft, you can select in the profile options in the launcher that it should use version 1.6.2 and not the latest, to make it work with the server even after eventual Minecraft update.

Axertan

Reaction score
Maybe try uninstalling/reinstalling Minecraft completely?

I didn't have any troubles connecting to the server, and I tried with two different computers.

If you're using the launcher, make sure you grab the new version of the launcher from the website.

All works now. It seems I had an outdated launcher. So much for self updating launchers.. Thanks :tiphat:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
All works now. It seems I had an outdated launcher. So much for self updating launchers.. Thanks :tiphat:
The launcher has never been self updating; it hadn't changed since Minecraft beta. It just offered to update Minecraft, not itself.

Axertan

Reaction score
I really was under the impression that the launcher updated itself, oh well. That's the thing I missed :)
But why would an outdated launcher with the latest client version refuse to let me to a server saying my client's outdated?