Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
For those with performance issues, you will need to change the video options. Smooth Lighting is the issue. Min uses the old version while Max uses a new version with known performance issues.

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
It seems the iron farming is causing quite a bit of the lag too. I was working on the new tree farm so the iron farm was producing Golems because the chunks were loaded, when Tspenguin complained about lag. So i went and killed the golems (about 50 of them) and Tspenguin said his lag was gone afterwards.
I guess i'm just gonna change the Iron farm tomorrow to make it fully automatic, a bit of tripwire and a hopper and chest should do the trick.

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
I hate to interrupt the discussion... I was hoping to claim an area for a base. It is an extreme Hills Biome centered around X-1171, Z 263. Let me know if I can have this area for building. If I can, can I also get a marker on the Server map. :cheers:

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I was hoping to claim an area for a base. It is an extreme Hills Biome centered around X-1171, Z 263. Let me know if I can have this area for building.
If there were no torches placed by somebody else around the area, and nobody earlier claimed it on this thread, I'm sure nobody would mind.

If I can, can I also get a marker on the Server map. :cheers:
You can place a marker by yourself. You can get a list of available marker commands by issuing "/dmarker" command in game.

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
Alright guys.. Gerdih gave his ok and the iron farm is now fully automated. :)

edit: I moved the workbench to the right side so i could squeeze a double chest into the floor.

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Meanwhile, the Gold Farm was made fully automatic as well.

The yields are:
5.5 nuggets per minute when standing still.
9.6 nuggets per minute when walking the perimeter.
So, decide for yourself whether you want less gold or less trouble.

gf-130413-3.jpg

Wooden slabs mark the suck area.
gf-130413-1.jpg

The gold goes to two chests - in front:
gf-130413-2.jpg

And behind.
There is also an ender chest now at the collector area.
gf-130413-4.jpg

Last edited:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
just something that turns back on itself, you know, a circle can describe things like logic, circular logic

Shootingiron

Delay forever, or not at all.
Reaction score
this has been argued before, but the pigmen will spawn on the rail track as well

We'd have to put half slabs over the track ... there would have to be something fancy where the rider drops his cart and enters the track. And it would be nice to have a covered area to keep us safe from the ghasts.

I have a pretty good idea of how to do it if it's decided if to proceed.

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
:tiphat:

You can do that? I tried those options earlier and didn't have any luck... I'll try again latter. I hope you're right. :)

It might currently be broken because it seems the head position is now higher when sitting in a minecart so on a track with spawn denial slabs on the ceiling you actually are inside the slabs with your head while riding the cart. So you can't really click on anything outside. I hope this'll get fixed though.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
What about adding some sort of teleportation mod to the server?

Point-to-point, so that you set up a (moderately expensive) booth, link it with another booth, and can walk between the two instantly.

Is there a server mod like that, and what say you about using one, if there is?

The server needs a touch of novelty, me thinks.

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

it seems the head position is now higher when sitting in a minecart
In fact there is a problem - Gold Farm departure is broken because of that - you can't hit a button with your head in the half-slab.