Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Actually, on second thoughts that probably falls under the abuse of bugs category. Forget I said anything...

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I consider it rather less egregious than X-Ray in that it doesn't show you locations of ores that aren't exposed in caves/etc, but it definitely gives you an advantage.

Of course, you can have the exact same advantage via chunk errors, which you can't control.

I think my attitude toward the glowstone-head-thing will need to be: if you're using it for the purpose of building a better spawner (because you need to locate caves to light them up), I'll frown very deeply at you but won't ban you.

If you don't use it to build a spawner ("I was going to make a spawner but never got around to it!" falls into this category) and are instead using it to find useful resources, that, I will ban you for.

The second half I'm pretty set on, but the first half I'll leave to a vote of the denizens of the server.

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
Ok i'll use my ears then.. :)
BTW does anyone know of some good way to tell wether the mob sounds are coming from above or below ? Horizontally you can locate them quite well with headphones on but i always end up digging up and down trying to find out if the sound gets louder or not. Would be cool if we could turn our head sidewards (like right ear up, left ear down).. :)
Or maybe its possible to let Minecraft use some better 3D Soundsystem that can simulate sound coming from above or below?

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
or the good ol' broken connection, I always see caves first before I can see anything else :lol:

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

but the glowstone or the broken connection approach only gives you the broken chunk thingie which means that you can see cave systems but not ores, it's different from X-ray that way, and it can only perceive surfaces.

PS: never mind, this was addressed to above.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
but the glowstone or the broken connection approach only gives you the broken chunk thingie which means that you can see cave systems but not ores, it's different from X-ray that way, and it can only perceive surfaces.

PS: never mind, this was addressed to above.
If there are ores exposed in a cave, you'll be able to see them, no?

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
in a lit cave, yes, but not in an unlit cave, but then again, you have addressed it and I haven't read it by the time of the writing, hence the edit to add the PS: thingie :p

Then again people like me are having this, well for free, until somebody decides to build a better backbone in my country :lol: not that it is useful, it is actually very annoying because it obstructs the gameplay :(

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Including those lit by lava. Can't count the number of times I've been travelling by boat and while in the middle of the water there was a chunk update/error, and I said, "Oh man, that looks like a lot of [precious ore] down there. Too bad I don't feel like swimming down there and dealing with building a safe way into the cave..."

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
There's now a beta build of bukkit for 1.5 out--not sure when it came out, I never got an email like I usually do. I'll update the server this weekend, and also try to have the resource world situation completed within the next week.

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
The witch farm is pretty much finished now i'd say.
Big thanks to Shootingiron who really did a major part of all the work including the building around the actual farm and the nether rail route (beautiful view of the nether :))
Also big thanks to Eccentrus and Hedzup for helping with the cave lighting.

The farm has already collected a number of double chests full of resources the witches drop so now i have enough Redstone to build the Tree Eater. :)

Which brings me to my next question.. is Gerdih still active? I was just scouting the iron farm site for a good place to build the Tree Eater but i don't want to mess up with any plans he might have for the area yet.
I was looking at 2 possible sites. One to the west of the iron farm train station and the other one east of the current tree farm.

Another option would be to build a bit more to the west and build a new Nether Portal there that would be reachable via the Nether Iron Farm train station as well just on the other side of the rails. So that would come out at about x:-1100, z:-140.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I've moved the start of the Brown Line in Nether (in the main hub) to the opposite wall on the Orange Line Station, so it's now much closer to the Commune portal (a few stairs up instead of many down).

By the way, was someone stuck in wall of the Iron Farm Transit Station?
IronFarmTransitMissingBlocks.jpg

There were missing 2 stone brick blocks and 2 unpowered tracks, what prevented to land at the point of departures to Bio-Dome.

And there is already a button powering Bio-Dome departure, as someone didn't notice it and put an extra wooden button :p:
IronFarmTransitBiodomeButton.jpg

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
There's now a beta build of bukkit for 1.5 out--not sure when it came out, I never got an email like I usually do. I'll update the server this weekend, and also try to have the resource world situation completed within the next week.
Obviously I haven't gotten around to this yet, been fairly busy. I'll try and take care of this sometime this week.

---------- Post added 04-10-13 at 01:06 ---------- Previous post was 04-09-13 at 13:34 ----------

Server is updated to 1.5.1 beta, and a few addons were updated as well.

As always, keep an eye out for any odd behavior and let me know. Thanks.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed performance issues after upgrading to minecraft 1.5? I'm not sure, but it feels like I'm getting a lot more graphics lag than I was before.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm finding this as well. Every update brings a loss of performance, and 1.5's was more significant than some others.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that too. And although I've already converted the water shader you've seen on my screenshoots to 1.5.1, I won't use it for now because of that.

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
Well.. i just found the reason for my lag.. it seems Shootingiron was standing afk at the Iron farm the whole day so quite a number of Golems were waiting to be killed there. :)

I just filled almost a whole double chest in the public storage room with iron and roses... so whoever is in need of iron... help yourself.. :)

I also think it would be nice if people wouldn't stay afk on the server for hours for no apparent reason. It completely messes up the Witch farm and other Mob farms for other players because of the way the spawning works in multiplayer (mob cap shared among players in the same world).

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I also think it would be nice if people wouldn't stay afk on the server for hours for no apparent reason. It completely messes up the Witch farm and other Mob farms for other players because of the way the spawning works in multiplayer (mob cap shared among players in the same world).
I could have sworn that at some point I said "please refrain from afk farming for extended periods of time" but I can't find the post now...