Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Pablo49

Reaction score
That would actually be cool, but despite the title, Minecraft has a very poor mining gameplay. I would like a game/sim centred on underground mining in the style of those old mines with shafts and wood ladders, you know.
XP for mining/smelting ores has made mining more viable.

I guess I don't like everything being mechanized whenever available. =/

Shootingiron

Delay forever, or not at all.
Reaction score
Have to do:

1. Find a Witch hut

I made a big witch hunting exploration yesterday to the NE corner of the map and I'll keep looking when I can.

I got sent out of town again today, so it'll be a few weeks before I can get back to the hunt.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Mindblast has found a witch hut at far (north-)east, at: x=4612, z=-2333.

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
Hey i just wanted to announce this.. :)

I'll start lighting up caves and build a Nether Portal.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Heres a pic for us to remember what it once looked like.. :)

picture.php

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Yeah, primitive.
Not a hint of Baba Yaga lore in it, despite the claims...

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
Yes i have already started building the witch farm.
We need to light all the caves up to at least 128 blocks away from the witch farm so no other mobs spawn in the area anymore, so thats going to be a lot of work. So if you are up for some caving you are very welcome. :)

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't join in the project (or minecraft at all) for at least a month due to exams and whatnot :(

BTW best of luck, please request for materials here and I will help with what I have in my stash.

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
Tanks will do.. although i think we will have plenty of materials once we got some caveing done.. :)

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

BTW i posted this video on youtube yesterday:

I think i'll build this beast on the server once we have updated to 1.5. Also the Witch farm will come in handy for farming all the redstone.

I'm just thinking where would be a good place to build it. Maybe somewhere next to the old tree farm? What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
Well i would keep Gerdih's farm because it is faster. So if someone just needs oakwood fast and doesn't mind spamming bonemeal manually it is probably better to use Gerdih's farm, for all other wood types one could use the Tree Eater.

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
Shootingiron and me are busy lighting caves and also we will have to halfslab the slimespawning chunks up to y:40 but the Witch spawning rates have already gone up a bit.

One question, what is the policy on our server concerning client side mods like RadarBro that show roughly where mobs are in your vicinity? Is this considered cheating? Would be a big help in finding unlit caves.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Shootingiron and me are busy lighting caves and also we will have to halfslab the slimespawning chunks up to y:40 but the Witch spawning rates have already gone up a bit.

One question, what is the policy on our server concerning client side mods like RadarBro that show roughly where mobs are in your vicinity? Is this considered cheating? Would be a big help in finding unlit caves.

Remember Slimes Spawn in swamp bidomes all the way up now.

Slimes naturally spawn in certain areas deep underground, and also spawn on the surface of swamp biomes during the night. Slimes will also spawn if the world type is superflat. As of update 1.5, spawn rates are affected by the phase of the moon. Also, slimes will often remain in the world during the day, though no new slimes will spawn until night falls. Often the slimes will drown. When in superflat worlds Slimes can spawn on the first layer of the map on both Xbox and PC

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
yep i already dug out the whole surface so everything (except one last island where the portal is currently located) is covered with water there..

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I rather frown on things like this--client side mods that give a distinct advantage over the vanilla client.

As you light up more caves, there will be fewer places for mobs to spawn, which means the remaining caves will be more likely to have mobs...so use your ears :)

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
You could always use the old 'piston to push a glowstone block into your head' trick to see the area underground, its like X-Ray, only in vanilla and fixed to one viewpoint.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You could always use the old 'piston to push a glowstone block into your head' trick to see the area underground, its like X-Ray, only in vanilla and fixed to one viewpoint.
:uhh: