Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
I have a request for a pick with silk touch, I'm willing to repair it, and a donation of resources (Dirt, Stone, ice, lava, ect..).
I have a large amount of ice to clear, expected amount is 200+ stacks.

Epsilon

Interplanetary Road Pizza
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Name's "etmoonshade"
I finally got Minecraft.
I should probably get in on this, and find a place that's far far away from everyone so I don't ugly things up. <_<

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Name's "etmoonshade"
I finally got Minecraft.
I should probably get in on this, and find a place that's far far away from everyone so I don't ugly things up. <_<
Added you.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score

No need to move far away! Part of the fun is interacting with people, so don't be a stranger. :)

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
All I remember is going up to Blane's place with a bunch of other people, posting "Occupy Blane" signs all over the place, and planting a boatload of roses outside his front door. Oh, and making shanties out of dirt, that too. :p

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
All I remember is going up to Blane's place with a bunch of other people, posting "Occupy Blane" signs all over the place, and planting a boatload of roses outside his front door. Oh, and making shanties out of dirt, that too. :p

I wasn't even invited. D:

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
I think that is over a year ago, I would have joined exactly a year ago this month or february (all I know is the Leeuwenhoek was finished at Valentine's 2012 and it was my first building) and I didn't know that :lol: all I experienced server-event wise was the banning of Dead_Alfa, Stevodoran, and pretty much nothing else.

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
it is actually done, but the bulk of my time was dedicated to prepare for exams and such that I forgot to take a screenie and to post it, but, then again, that means I can start building it tonight.

Pablo49

Reaction score

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
it is actually done, but the bulk of my time was dedicated to prepare for exams and such that I forgot to take a screenie and to post it, but, then again, that means I can start building it tonight.

Hurrah! Glad to hear it's done and your exams are over. :thumbup:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
History of the server being the topic, there is a place in the city:
mp.png

mp2.jpg

Below it are extensive dungeons with redstone circuitry, lava pillars, and other broken, incomplete, or just not obvious machinery.

What is this place?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
History of the server being the topic, there is a place in the city:

Below it are extensive dungeons with redstone circuitry, lava pillars, and other broken, incomplete, or just not obvious machinery.

What is this place?
That was my spawner/mob grinder project. There used to be signs labeling things, but evidently not anymore. The lava pillars were a system of entirely disabling the spawning floor all at once, in order to stop mobs from spawning for any reason.

Project was abandoned due to zombies having a small amount of armor (and therefore needing more hits to kill than other things) and also it being much less efficient than the blaze grinder for XP. I'll take a look at it, but I don't mind if you want to you do whatever with it.

Edit: Examined it. All the redstone machinery is still working as far as I can tell. All the switches are labelled, although some not obviously so. The master switch down the ladder in the observation lounge was off, which turned on all the lava pillars regardless of what the switches upstairs were doing. The switch small alcove in the back-right was also in "items" mode where all mobs are automatically killed and their items dropped into that water flow.

At least, that's how it used to work--apparently something has changed and either mobs don't drop anything when killed by lava, or the items get immediately destroyed. Other issues were spiders gumming up the works, creepers blowing stuff up, etc. In the end it was more trouble than it was worth and I just shelved the project.

All of the redstone machinery is still functional and accessible, if you want a tour at some point. Or, if you want to tour it on your own, I've flipped the master switch so it's working now. If you're not interested in keeping it as a historical project under whatever you're working on, I'll dismantle it and take all the redstone circuitry for re-use at a later date...

Last edited:

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
Could you add me too please? I just recently got hooked on Minecraft and would like to look around on the server a bit without getting killed by the first spider.. :)
The nick is Mindblast74.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Ah, so i just failed knowledge (redstone) check :)
Didn't see the main lever - there is a sign, but nothing near it.

Well, the grinder would remain under the dungeons of Delta Crateris, as an untouched piece of secret history.

Meanwhile, does anyone have 25 stacks of some non-mundane material for trade?
Delta Crateris is a kind of Elemental Table building - one room, one material, and a got one really big one.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ah, so i just failed knowledge (redstone) check :)
Didn't see the main lever - there is a sign, but nothing near it.

Well, the grinder would remain under the dungeons of Delta Crateris, as an untouched piece of secret history.
There is a lever above that sign, in the lighting-bugged space directly above it :)