Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
what If I build out of the main island(200meters)? would be possible for you to respawn the end when you like and the building still be there?
No, the entire "End" world will be deleted and recreated.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Added.

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

The End works, and has for a while, no one's gone there though. Unfortunately I had to kill the boss dragon in order to test it. I'll be respawning the end at some point soon in order to give more people a chance at the dragon, so don't build anything there yet.

I'm torn between leaving a cleared End available (I know there's lots of farming opportunities available) and resetting it after people clear it to give more folks a chance at the dragon...but given that the dragon's been sitting there untouched for a long time, doesn't look like too many people are interested.

I had assumed like some others that the End was broken. :p

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Added.

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

The End works, and has for a while, no one's gone there though. Unfortunately I had to kill the boss dragon in order to test it. I'll be respawning the end at some point soon in order to give more people a chance at the dragon, so don't build anything there yet.

I'm torn between leaving a cleared End available (I know there's lots of farming opportunities available) and resetting it after people clear it to give more folks a chance at the dragon...but given that the dragon's been sitting there untouched for a long time, doesn't look like too many people are interested.

I'm planning on taking on the dragon soon, once I've found a portal.

Gerdih

Reaction score
No, the entire "End" world will be deleted and recreated.

Ok, since the building have a cheap structure and a lot of pistons I would like to do it the next time the dragon is killed. Then when the end needs to be reset I will take redstone stuff and I will leave the structure to be deleted. And I will start again when the dragon is killed.
I wont do this if the end is reset evey month of course.
Will this be ok?

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ok, since the building have a cheap structure and a lot of pistons I would like to do it the next time the dragon is killed. Then when the end needs to be reset I will take redstone stuff and I will leave the structure to be deleted. And I will start again when the dragon is killed.
I wont do this if the end is reset evey month of course.
Will this be ok?
Sure, that works.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, but what do I do with this file? Do I replace the current 'minecraft.jar' file I already have
You place it in Minecraft's "bin" folder (Start > Run and type in %appdata%/.minecraft/bin), replacing existing one. Or you can move the existing one to some folder, and then put the minecraft.jar in the bin folder.

and restrict myself to playing 1.3.2 only or can I have it in parallel with my 1.4.4?
I think there are some programs or scripts that allow having many different versions. For example I have such script in Linux, but it won't work in Windows. If you simply replace the existing minecraft.jar from 1.4.4, you will have version 1.3.2, until you (force) update the Minecraft again.

Hurricane

Grinfeld Aerospace guy
Reaction score
You place it in Minecraft's "bin" folder (Start > Run and type in %appdata%/.minecraft/bin), replacing existing one. Or you can move the existing one to some folder, and then put the minecraft.jar in the bin folder.

I think there are some programs or scripts that allow having many different versions. For example I have such script in Linux, but it won't work in Windows. If you simply replace the existing minecraft.jar from 1.4.4, you will have version 1.3.2, until you (force) update the Minecraft again.

In that case I think I'll just wait till the server gets updated... :/

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
MCNostalgia is much easier to use than I expected. Painless.
Waiting for the server to update isn't a great policy; minecraft will continue to update regularly.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Anyone had XP randomly disappear? I think I just lost 25 levels, and have no idea why or where they went...

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I'll just wait because playing online isn't THAT urgent for me right now :rolleyes:
Then you can wait until it's updated for Minecraft 1.4.5 (being released next week :p).

Anyone had XP randomly disappear? I think I just lost 25 levels, and have no idea why or where they went...
Happened to me twice that I lost XP bar, and I thought the whole XP too, but when I've taken another XP orb, it reappeared (with the level it was at).

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It all came back after logging back into the server today, apparently. Yay, I was worried...

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Digging through a random large vein of coal the other day, found 5 diamond vein at level 7.
Apparently YouTube videos don't embed if you use the https link.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Interesting bug: I joined the server, put a couple items in a chest, shortly after fell to my death (missed the water in a Leeuwenhoek drop), and when I went to pick up my items, I found everything including the items that were supposed to be in the chest. Could be that they were never put into the chest, I was lagging using the chest. But, interesting...

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Could be that they were never put into the chest, I was lagging using the chest. But, interesting...
Happens to me often. Either when I took something from a chest, or put in it, and even checked if it's still in my inventory after closing the chest. Then after 5 minutes I find that I don't have it anymore (or I shouldn't have it anymore), and if I don't have it, it's in the chest instead, or if I have it, it isn't in the chest I put it into. :p

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Found a zombie spawner: -518.5 22 406.5
There's also an already discovered skeleton spawner easily accessible from my home.
The zombie spawner is part of a very very large cavern system. I haven't fully explored it but I've gotten a TON of iron out of it. Not making any real land claims.

---------- Post added 11-17-12 at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-16-12 at 06:42 PM ----------

East gate no longer opens ? Something odd.