Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
I am for an ark. But then again, I am not that active ever since I waited for 1.0 and I'd hate to loose my cake room.
I would make a more epic one wherever we go for sure!

Chub777

Reaction score
Seeing as everyone wants an ark, I'm currently building my entry.

2011-11-21_213950.png

2011-11-21_214638.png

2011-11-21_220159.png

2011-11-21_220247.png

2011-11-21_191433.png

Inside there is (currently) a library, crafting tables and furnaces for your convenience, an engine room, crew quarters (currently only for the admin and a captain) and the chest area. Also wondering, does my "space plane" need more windows?

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I haven't finished mine yet but so far I've built:

Landing Fins
Exhaust
Engine/reactor
Fuel Lines
Fuel Tank (which is actually just to hide the redstone for the)
Airlock.

And I'm planning on having:
Viewing deck
Control Center
Recreation Deck
Crew Quarters
Storage Deck(s)
Storm Shelter

Special Features:
Working airlock and (sort of) throttle. (well, a binary throttle linked to the exhaust of the reactor)
Some other stuff I haven't thought of. (I'm pretty much making it up as I go)

Estimated capacity:
4800 Man Days.
Rough shape:
Elongated cigar.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Looks like the 1.0.0 client can't connect to an older version server. I didn't think to backup before updating, so...It's been a blast, guys. See you in the next world, if you choose to go there. :)

And Jango, pics? Sounds like an awesome ship so far. :3

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Izack: I believe I have a 1.8.1 jar backed up somewhere if it'd help, but I can't be sure. I'll check when I get home.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Looks like the 1.0.0 client can't connect to an older version server. I didn't think to backup before updating, so...It's been a blast, guys. See you in the next world, if you choose to go there. :)

I made the same mistake and managed to downgrade.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
While there are more votes for "ark to a new world" than "stay" at this point, I'm inclined to weight the "stay" votes over the "new world" votes, given that I don't want to alienate anyone from the server and I suspect the new worlders would be less disappointed to stay than the stayers would be to go.

For those who voted "stay:" What, if anything, would change your mind? What do you like most about the current world?

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
While there are more votes for "ark to a new world" than "stay" at this point, I'm inclined to weight the "stay" votes over the "new world" votes, given that I don't want to alienate anyone from the server and I suspect the new worlders would be less disappointed to stay than the stayers would be to go.

For those who voted "stay:" What, if anything, would change your mind? What do you like most about the current world?

My railway and village.

I put a lot of time and effort into it and I don't want it to go just because someone wants to get a shiny new feature that they will never use.

What will make me go?

a) Some help picking up all the rails
b) Some large chests to put the various ores I have collected (The rails will take a bit)
c) Some help and lots of TNT to blow the railway to kingdom come.

APDAF

Reaction score
You can have more than one world in a server.

At least I think so.:hmm:

Linguofreak

Reaction score

Also remember that we need to pole the non-forum-user server members. When I asked elmerfudddied about it he favored staying.

My pit, for the same reasons as tl8. It's been a huge investment of time and effort and isn't even finished yet.

What could make me go?

Use of my pit as the (or an) ark, if technically feasible (what's the limit on ark size?) and not completely objectionable to everybody else. It would preserve it across the world change, and part of the plan has always been to allow people to build residences in the walls once it's finished, so giving people storage space there wouldn't at all interfere with my existing plans for it.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The main reason I want to go is to get ice and nether fortresses.

So has it started snowing anywhere recently? Or is it possible to regenerate some chunks in places no one really goes?

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You can have more than one world in a server.

At least I think so.:hmm:
This is a good point.

Would people be interested in another option--moving the default world to a new 1.0.0-generated world, while having a "stargate" or something to get you back to the old one?

That way, people could move stuff at their leisure, and those who wanted to stay could stay.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I like that idea. I believe the bukkit probably has a mod for that...

ElTaco

Reaction score
Personally, the main attraction of this update is the tundra biome.

but I've put a lot of hours into the existing world and it'll be sad to see it go. I think that would be the same for a number of people here.

I really like the stargate idea, you get the benefits of the new version while still keeping all our hard work.

Chub777

Reaction score
Chub777's could be an aerodyne model. :)

Looking at pictures on Google Images, I could easily modify my spaceplane. Or I could turn it into that thing from Avatar.

What would change my mind?:

MCWorld Editing large creations (commune, Nether Station) into the new world. If not, do what tl8 wants: pack buildings into chests ready for "re-inflating" in the new world.

What do I like about the current world?:

The creations that took lots of effort to build and my nice (in my opinion) house, really.

On another note, there could be a creeper killing contest to help raise gunpowder. Once you have lots of gunpowder, blow up the world and it's creations so that we celebrate the transition with a big bang.:)

Dodike

Reaction score
I've put a lot of effort into building my Creeper Processing Facility and my skyscraper. However mistakes were made and those creations are far from perfect. Not that I can achieve perfection anyways but there is always room for improvement.

The idea with another world we can carelessly exploit for resources with no regards for the environment also looks appealing to me.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
I don't mind loosing my all the hard work that went into the den. Free server, ever changing program etc.
But the stargate option seems to be perfect. That way we can all still derp around together and help out where needed. And of course show attractions from the radioactive wasteland that is the 1.8.1 world :)