Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
we would need to travel through the nether to get new chunks, and so get the new strongholds with end portals in them, though when we update, the new mobs should start appearing instantly. We should build an ark anyway, just for decoration even if we end up deciding not to use it.

Add my vote to the ark to 1.0, I think its a good Idea, sailing off to new adventures!

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
+1 vote to stay (but with 1.0)
However i'm not as active anymore and I could survive starting from scratch.

Last edited:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I like the ark idea, though it'll probably be easier for everyone if we just made a large tunnel in the nether to get to some unexplored chunks, so we can use the new content without having to start a new world

Chub777

Reaction score
1+ for the new chunks idea. We desert our houses, jump in a Nether portal, run, avoid ghasts, create another Nether portal and jump out of it. Then we make new houses there.

APDAF

Reaction score
Why abandon your homes?

When you can put a minecart track in-between the portals.

Chub777

Reaction score
When I logged on, I spawned on top of the Nether station and now there are 2 ghasts firing at me. How did that happen?

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have no preference, and am not that active atm anyway. I am ok staying. taking an ark, or starting over.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
+1 in favour of an ark, but staying is fine too, though the wheat farms in the Nether would break if the server updates.

If we make an ark, it can't be a boat. This is Orbiter-Forum, we have to make a spaceship. :lol:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
:hmm: We need tonnes of glass, iron and redstone. While we wait for Bukkit to finish updating we can design in singleplayer. (Don't try and set up a vannila 1.0.0 server, I've found more bugs than would leave the game playable.)

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
+1 for the ark idea, Although i have no idea when I'm going to have the time to play minecraft before the new year.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Little ideas:

The Lyndon B. Johnson Memorial Flying Can Colony Ship:
2011-11-20_13.19.25.png

Stasis chambers:
2011-11-20_13.20.14.png

Magma reactor inexplicably providing thrust:
2011-11-20_13.04.57.png

In the background is a test article and some random other crap (creeper house!)

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I'm still building my offering. its currently 25 meters high, and I've only just finished the engine! This is gonna be big.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
I vote in favor of the Ark. It'd be nice to start anew, and perhaps we could lay out the central complex in a grid system. Furthermore, we need a central Temple to the Probe, and the current layout does not allow for a very central building.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm getting mighty lag on my test article for some unknown reason. ~40fps until I place a block, then it freezes for a moment and places two blocks. Why does this keep happening randomly? :beathead:

Furthermore, we need a central Temple to the Probe, and the current layout does not allow for a very central building.
Indeed! :hailprobe:

I wonder if the ship could be designed to serve as the central building on the next world (disassemble engine, convert stasis tubes to beds, etc.) Something has to be done with it, eh? Would be cool to build a city around a decommisioned spacecraft. :)