OHM HD 28185 System

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
By the way, author, you have used lava fields, and they are looks great:)
Ill update my Arou soon, so you can see my version of lava rivers:)
And yeah, the game crashed when i was looking on some planet, try to delete an atmosphere parameters of planet which is dont use it.
I had a problem like this, when i tried to make a "heat" using haze.
Good luck collegue God :D
Ok so thats whats causing the crashes Izack was talking about. I'll have to delete te fog from the gass giant and the icy super Earth. Also your textures are rediculously good.:thumbup:

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok I made a config so you can go to my system with Rwarp. Meshes are jumpy at 1380 Au so be carfule when trying to land.:sick: Here you go. Back up your sol config too.

Attachments

• HD 28185 moon with moon.zip
    979.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

wovik

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I'm at a loss as to why this happens but, i suspect it's the surface base. Also this only happens when i zoom out on Finitar and it only happens occasionaly. I can get into space without a CTD any time i wan't with any vessle oddely enuf.

I fixed this problem in Orbit 2006p1 by replacing Finitar Space Port with an enhanced Olympus Base. I removed all the meshes except the commtower and added a copy of KSC's runway except for the PAPI and VASI. I moved the runway and made it East-West orientation. I also replaced the other bases which were similar to Olympus. No more CTD's when zooming out. I never could figure out what was causing the CTD or the texture problems but they're gone now. I haven't tried this system in Orbit 2010 yet.

Edit: The fog parameters in the planet config files don't seem to be a problem.

Last edited:

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Are these bugs only in orbiter 2006, because i designed it for orbiter 2010.

wovik

Donator
Donator
Reaction score

It also does the same thing in Orbiter 2010. The solution is the same.

It seemed to work on Finitar at first. I zoomed way out OK but when I zoomed back in it CTDed. I then tried using the camera to look at Demtra Ice Base and it CTDed. I replaced Finitar Space Port, Demtra Ice Base, and Jedeg Research with the same base as I did in Orbiter 2006 (see earlier post) and the CTD's stopped. I haven't tried to fly any spaceship yet in either version of Orbiter. Now that the problem is fixed I will check out this system. Looks like a lot of Exploration in the future.

The VOR beacons in all the base files need to be corrected as to their locations.

In the HD 2185 System..scn file there is an error in the GL-02 parameters which causes a CTD:

PRPLEVEL 0:1.000000 1:1.000000 2:-1.#IND00

should be:
PRPLEVEL 0:1.000000 1:1.000000 2:1.000000

I don't know if this is a corrupt download but it is in my copy.

Last edited:

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Could i have a copy of mine/your modifed bases so i can upload a working bugfree version. Will give you credit fo fixing the bases. I fixed the scenarios with will also be uploaded.

wovik

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The base is on OrbitHanger. [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3252"]Olympus Base Enhancement release 2[/ame]
I just modified it as posted above and probably other mods to it before using it here.

I also had to make small changes to the scenery files. I changed Finitar space port to Finitar Space Port which had to be changed in scenery files. I had to add the capital S and P or the scene would crash.
I attached the changed files below. I added ShadowDepth = 0.5 to many of the config files so they are included in the zip. You may have to add texures to the base.cfg file in orbiter to use the modified enhanced Olympus Base (see readme file in base download).

Attachments

• Changes.zip
    22.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
PRPLEVEL 0:1.000000 1:1.000000 2:-1.#IND00
-1.#IND00 means essentially negative infinity. Obviously, having negative infinity propellant is going to have some 'adverse' effects on the universe...:lol:

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Woops looks like i had infinat fuel when i made the scenarios!:lol:

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

The base is on OrbitHanger. Olympus Base Enhancement release 2
I just modified it as posted above and probably other mods to it before using it here.

I also had to make small changes to the scenery files. I changed Finitar space port to Finitar Space Port which had to be changed in scenery files. I had to add the capital S and P or the scene would crash.
I attached the changed files below. I added ShadowDepth = 0.5 to many of the config files so they are included in the zip. You may have to add texures to the base.cfg file in orbiter to use the modified enhanced Olympus Base (see readme file in base download).
Actualy thats what i did to the olympus base. I messed with the config to add a runway and textures.

spacecadet

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with IMFD crashing when I try to use its map. I had hoped that the new configuration files posted would fix this but they don't. It'll let me target planets for the intercept program, but not use the map. Any ideas out there on what is wrong?

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Imfd's map feature only works in our solar system. Also the new configuration files only edited the star config for the new sun DLL.

spacecadet

Reaction score
Demtra

Woohoo, I finally made a DG-IV landing on Demtra. Now to figure out the takeoff.

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Woohoo, I finally made a DG-IV landing on Demtra. Now to figure out the takeoff.
How did you manage the reentry. I've haven't be able to because of the 29,000mph+ reentry speed. (burn up every time.) Nice job!

Last edited:

spacecadet

Reaction score
The way I managed to land on Demtra was to treat it like a non-atmospheric landing. So, I set the DG-IV with the Mark-V engine and the highest fuel efficiency setting (to reduce the weight of fuel needed). Just outside of the atmosphere I used the main engines to slow the horizontal speed of the craft to near zero and to maintain altitude (I might have used the hover thrusters a bit too). It wasn't until I minimized velocity that I allowed the craft to lose altitude under the control of the main engines.

As the craft descends the engines lose the ability to offset the increasing gravitational pull of the planet and it becomes harder and harder to control the rate of descent. Fortunately by the time the situation becomes helpless the craft is far enough into the atmosphere that I can cut the engines and glide in without burning up.

I haven't managed to gain orbit from a Demtra launch yet and I suspect that it may be impossible in the DG-IV. I suspect that the speed needed to generate the atmospheric lift necessary to get to an altitude where the main engines can escape Demtra's gravity will also burn up the craft every time. Maybe a special rocket booster could be made for this purpose.

[Correction: I just managed to launch from Demtra. It's a matter of loading the right amount of fuel.]

Last edited:

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hmmmm. I never thought of stopping in space and then gliding down using the main engines. That will probely work. I'll try the new method of reentry now.:cheers:

Last edited:

I00I

Not from this world
Reaction score
Beautifully done..:cheers:
“Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand.”