Hatsunia (worldbuilding of an alternate-reality Japan)

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
A few years ago, I came up with a fictional Japan-like country on nationstates.net called Hatsunia, which was inspired by the virtual singer "Hatsune Miku." With Miku having some association with spaceflight, Hatsunia became the backdrop of some of my Orbiter add-ons (which I don't currently have the motivation to make). In 2017, I felt like fleshing out Hatsunia's history and setting more, so I looked to the alternatehistory.com forum for inspiration and advice.

Hatsunia became based on two main premises:

• A Japan that didn't go through a phase of cruel imperialism, and was a democratic country that fought as part of the Allies in WWII.
  • A Japan that was still a technological leader, instead of the decline that their electronics industry has faced in this decade.
Hatsunia is known as the "Land of the First Sound," for its easterly location where the first sounds of the day can be heard. The flag contains a negi (green onion), which is a major cultural symbol. It is an archipelago with three main islands: Midorijima in the west, Aoshima in the east, and Hokkaito in the north. The main islands are divided into 39 prefectures with the capital being Miraito, while the territory of Mikuroneshia ("Mi-" being pronounced the same way in "meal"), purchased from Spain in the late 19th century, is composed of 7 autonomous prefectures. [ame="https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6424"]Negishima Space Center[/ame] is a part of this territory.

RfXltbu.png

Hatsunia never tried to annex Korea, China, and other East Asian countries, and instead led the formation of a Mutual East Asian Cooperation Union, which is a genuine and benevolent version of the so-called "Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere." China had joined the Axis instead of its island neighbor to the east (which has a precedent in our universe) and was also defeated, which is why it is divided. (this map needs to be retconned somewhat, though)

mutual_east_asian_cooperation_union_by_mikusingularity-dc0iywi.png

In creating the map for the world Hatsunia exists in, I used the Worlda template commonly used on alternatehistory.com. RvBOMally is a highly prolific maker of alternate history scenario maps using this template.

Hatsunia's world looks like this in 2007 (full description).

land_of_the_first_sound__hatsunia_in_2007__by_mikusingularity-dbzsspa.png

And it looks like this in 2046 (full description). I added some Orbiter references, too.

the_world_is_mine__hatsunia_in_2046__by_mikusingularity-dckdf3a.png

Last edited:

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I cant even explain myself on this. but :rofl:
The island looks like her hair!

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hatsunia's wiki page has been updated with some more images and text about the country's high-tech industry and other aspects.