Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
WHen I checked my E-mail, I saw someone had left the following comment in my inbox on Youtube-
"yo f*g you s**K d**k i hope u burn in hel u got no grlfrend loser"
Normally, I wouldn't take this personally, but after what happened, I feel pretty down.
That's what the troll wants. Don't give him the satisfaction. "Don't let the trolls win!". I hope his d*ck burns once he gets syphilis, or better candy.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
So, currently, she thinks you're just friends and you still have a crush on her.

You were friends to begin with, and at this point you're still apparently friends, I see nothing in your post that hints at anything more from her.

Does she know you still have feelings for her or have you told her you're getting over / have gotten over it? If she does know that you still like her, what does she think of that at this point?

She knows exactly how I feel, but she is okay with that as long as I don't push it. For now, I am content just to enjoy her company. It's a damn sight better than having her just disappear out of my life.

This is not the first time I have been in this situation. Something similar happened with a girl I met at work a few years ago (though, admittedly, we have long since gone our seperate ways). Me and "working girl" enjoyed each other's company, until I made the mistake of pressuring her and completely blew it. I'm not going to make that mistake with "college girl."

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
Ok, so you know she has no feelings for you beyond friendship but you're still hanging around with her... Deep down somewhere you're thinking, feeling, that it'll all work out in the end if you just stick with it and show her through demonstrating your undying loyalty how much you truely love her.

And of course deep down somewhere you know she does truely love you too and just needs time to realise it. She's just looking for something from you to prove how you feel, she's too scared at the moment or just too shy to show it.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
You do not know a person until you live with that person. Then you know about her defects and virtues. Before that, you just have an illusion, a dream, so you are not really in love. Before that you love a mask, not the real person.

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I very much subscribe to the "conversation -> dinner -> beyond" methodology for dating.

There's another method? ;)
I found that taking a girl to a movie for a first date stopped working at the age of about 19..

It's good to have female friends. They are good people to talk to about girl stuff, and they make great wingmen.

true. There's nothing better than having a few female friends. They can help with all manner of things and it's a much better way to live life than just having male friends. That tends to screw with your mind.

Also, this friend zone thing is just madness. It's impossible to have a true friendship with a woman if one or the other of you feels something for the other. You're either basing your friendship on a lie or you're setting yourself up for destroying the relationship later on. I'd say that you should always tell a girl how you feel, screw all this friend zone stuff. If she says no then either break off all contact or just be her friend, but only do the latter if you are certain you don't have it in your mind that you tihnk the pair of you will get together in the future.

reekchaa

Endeavoring Futurist
Reaction score
Man... I suddenly got some shocking news myself.
I'm happily married with 4 kids but just found out the first love of my life who both tortured and sexually enlightened me at increasing chaotic intervals when I was 19 is DEAD. (and of Aids of all things.)
She taught me love and appreciation... Pain and loss. First mind-meld with a soul-mate yearnings that became the love I have for my children. Without her, I'd be a self-involved d*ckweed too concerned with myself to appreciate the real beauty in existence.
Pain Sucks... but it's the best frakkin' teacher you'll ever learn to trust. Embrace your humanity in your pain. Also embrace it because it won't last. You'll miss the intimacy of truth that comes out of self-reflection when you're in existential pain. You'll miss it when everything's suddenly going great.
If a girl don't wanna care about your feelings, she's not worth it. *Move* on.
Mmmmmmm... Depression.