Fuel xfer between station modules

Jose Gerard

Regiospace
Donator
Reaction score
Hello world´s orbinauts

While making my own space station suddenly found the need of fuel transfer in between a vessel and a fuel depot some modules away.

Most of the modules are Spacecraft3 type, so the adding of fuel tanks seems not to complicated. Started defining fuel capacity in the cfg file, later, engine thrust, attitude thrust and isp, to find at RefuelMFD opening of the scenario an ugly sign stating that the "vessel does not have a fuel tank defined".

Can please somebody help me to define such a tank?

My station is in the early stage of construction mtss_06.jpg

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Can you post the .ini file for the module(s) in question? That will give us a good starting point.

Jose Gerard

Regiospace
Donator
Reaction score
Can you post the .ini file for the module(s) in question? That will give us a good starting point.

Thank you for your reply, this are the two example files that I intent to modify.

View attachment HabitatModule1.txt

View attachment HGATruss.txt

Working with the first one, the .cfg file first I "translate" it to Spacecraft3 .ini style to look as the second file, then made the adding of the fuel tank, and finally make a convertion using the wonderfull sc3conv utility to a vessel class with its own module.

Hope to have a working refuel system on my space station

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, this are the two example files that I intent to modify.

View attachment 11540

View attachment 11541

Working with the first one, the .cfg file first I "translate" it to Spacecraft3 .ini style to look as the second file, then made the adding of the fuel tank, and finally make a convertion using the wonderfull sc3conv utility to a vessel class with its own module.

Hope to have a working refuel system on my space station

You need to give it a fuel mass, after empty_mass

Code:
FUEL_MASS=10000

Jose Gerard

Regiospace
Donator
Reaction score
So, the fuel goes from where to where?

The fuel will be transfer for one tank located on the far side of the truss that is looking to nadir, to the vessel that is docked to Quasar module, the one that is looking retrograde, in this case is the STS

Thank you

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 AM ----------

You need to give it a fuel mass, after empty_mass

Code:
FUEL_MASS=10000

Thank you for your advise, this has been solved the mistery of having fuel tanks on every (well almost) module on the station. I copy the line and worked very well :thumbup:

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

After testing the fuel tank added to the modules, found that if runing scenario with modules as Spacecraft3 class everything works well, but, after converted to vessel class ( .dll ) the new tanks are ignored.

Sorry, but thanks to both of you for your advise

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The fuel will be transfer for one tank located on the far side of the truss that is looking to nadir, to the vessel that is docked to Quasar module, the one that is looking retrograde, in this case is the STS

Thank you

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 AM ----------

Thank you for your advise, this has been solved the mistery of having fuel tanks on every (well almost) module on the station. I copy the line and worked very well :thumbup:

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

After testing the fuel tank added to the modules, found that if runing scenario with modules as Spacecraft3 class everything works well, but, after converted to vessel class ( .dll ) the new tanks are ignored.

Sorry, but thanks to both of you for your advise

Yes, the SC3 converter is a WIP.