Problem Fuel MFD problem/crash

Spike Spiegel

Reaction score
I've been using Orbiter (version 2006 P1) for about a week now and decided to try out the Fuel MFD. I first plugged it into an installation that I had added a bunch of other things to, such as IMFD, Shuttle Fleet, and AeroBrake MFD. When I tried to operate the Fuel MFD, the Orbiter program crashed. Another thing I noticed was that after disabling the module and going back into the sim, there was now a blank entry in the MFD list, showing no title and only a hotkey. When I clicked the button for this entry, Orbiter crashed again.

Just to see if it was a conflict with one of the addons, I went back to another installation I had saved as a backup. This one has Orbiter Sound, ExtMFD, Scenario Editor, and the Fly By Wire addons activated/installed, and nothing else. I then installed and activated Fuel MFD again and started the "Smack!" scenario. This time I was able to transfer fuel back and forth without crashing the program. However, when I exited, disabled the Fuel MFD module, and then restarted the same scenario, the "blank" item in the MFD list was back. Clicking it caused Orbiter to crash like before.

I haven't found any mention of this on the forums so I figured I'd resort to actually asking about it. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this and how to correct it? If there's any more information you need, I will try to provide it as best as I can. Thanks in advance for your help.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Fuel MFD is rather buggy.

I had computerex make Fuel Transfer MFD for this purpose.

Spike Spiegel

Reaction score
Are either of these what you are referring to?

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Fuel+Transfer&CatID=orbiter&Go=Search

I've been searching the internet for hours and so far all I've found is a YouTube video of computerex demonstrating his module. I have to admit though, it seems odd to allow fuel transfer between vessels that aren't docked to each other (or even in the same part of the world).

Perhaps you have a link to the module by computerex?

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
That I do

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3508"]Computerex Add-on Pack[/ame]

Spike Spiegel

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I'll play with this a bit. It has not crashed Orbiter at least!