Falling in love all over again...

Deke

The Original AstroNut!
Reaction score
Late last year, I found myself drifting from Orbiter. Amongst other things, primarily real life issues, nothing of the bad sort, drew me away from Orbiter, and somewhat the computer in general.

After that, my computer had become so slow with such unneeded stuff on it that it couldn't even run a simple RTS, yet alone much of Orbiter. That left a sour taste in my mouth, and I felt I was done with it.

Well, the other day I received a laptop from my father. After purchasing a 1GB Memory card, I decided to download Orbiter, and see how things felt. Well, after rewriting some keys to compensate the lack of a numberpad, and to add in my joystick, I fired up the sim (DG docked @ ISS).

I noticed that my laptop loaded it more than twice as fast than my PC had ever done so. And then the screen changed, and there I was. In the pilot seat of the delta glider. In front of me, the docking module of the ISS. I was speechless once more. I could do all but look around in complete awe and the sheer beauty that was around me. And I didn't even upgrade the textures yet!

I undocked and took control of the beautiful DG an reaquainted myself with some basics. Did a few manuevers and finally decided after a few orbits (thanks to time skip!) to bring her in at the Cape. And so I did.

I glided my ship down to a nice smooth landing at KFC, and when the wheels stopped, I could only sit in amazent at this wonderful sim I once use to use endlessly.

I refound that love one has for great things, and surely this is a great thing. And I am so very happy I have reinistalled it, for I plan to never give it up ever again.

You really don't realize how good you have something until it's not there.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Oh!

And HAIL PROBE!

Omhra

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
You are fortunate that ORBITER is as forgiving as it is stimulating.

Well; its not really forgiving and will make any error apparent. Like the error of putting it away...:(

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I glided my ship down to a nice smooth landing at KFC, and when the wheels stopped, I could only sit in amazent at this wonderful sim I once use to use endlessly.

And then you went and got yourself some of the Colonel's famous fried chicken to celebrate!

Deke

The Original AstroNut!
Reaction score
And then you went and got yourself some of the Colonel's famous fried chicken to celebrate!

Actually no, I celebrated with the King.

Now I just feel dirty....

:lol:

None the less, I feel like a ki... well, I'm still only 20.... I feel good to back with Orbiter again!

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I was expecting another thread about people stalking their crush and naming bits of Orbiter after them. I'm happily surprised that it isn't.:)

joiz

Reaction score
Late last year, I found myself drifting from Orbiter. Amongst other things, primarily real life issues, nothing of the bad sort, drew me away from Orbiter, and somewhat the computer in general.

After that, my computer had become so slow with such unneeded stuff on it that it couldn't even run a simple RTS, yet alone much of Orbiter. That left a sour taste in my mouth, and I felt I was done with it.

Well, the other day I received a laptop from my father. After purchasing a 1GB Memory card, I decided to download Orbiter, and see how things felt. Well, after rewriting some keys to compensate the lack of a numberpad, and to add in my joystick, I fired up the sim (DG docked @ ISS).

I noticed that my laptop loaded it more than twice as fast than my PC had ever done so. And then the screen changed, and there I was. In the pilot seat of the delta glider. In front of me, the docking module of the ISS. I was speechless once more. I could do all but look around in complete awe and the sheer beauty that was around me. And I didn't even upgrade the textures yet!

I undocked and took control of the beautiful DG an reaquainted myself with some basics. Did a few manuevers and finally decided after a few orbits (thanks to time skip!) to bring her in at the Cape. And so I did.

I refound that love one has for great things, and surely this is a great thing. And I am so very happy I have reinistalled it, for I plan to never give it up ever again.

You really don't realize how good you have something until it's not there.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Oh!

And HAIL PROBE!

brought a tear to my eye...

Deke

The Original AstroNut!
Reaction score
I was expecting another thread about people stalking their crush and naming bits of Orbiter after them. I'm happily surprised that it isn't.:)
Well I already have about twelve Jenny's. ;)

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Well, thats just being fussy.

Didn't know they had a Eurobird, or an Atlanticbird, the things you find out!

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Never name your spacecraft after your g/f. That brings bad luck, especially if the capsule is not reusable or your crashing too often.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Never name your spacecraft after your g/f. That brings bad luck, especially if the capsule is not reusable or your crashing too often.

..yea, but it makes it easier to forget her. ;)

Messierhunter

Reaction score
Who here has named an ummu after a significant other? *raises hand*

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Sounds like something this guy might do:rofl:

psycho_shot5l.jpg

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Ever since playing Oregon Trail I've learned never to name characters after friends and family. Also, bring barrels of pickles or you'll get Cholera.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Deke's back, LM (Joe)'s back, a few others are still around... can almost have a VNASA reunion. :p

Keatah

Reaction score

I named my co-pilot after my girlfriend. Does this count?

cjp

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
LOL, I misread the title. I thought it was "Failing in love all over again..". L's and I's can be so similar...:rofl:

Good to read I was wrong.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

I named the fatal exceptions in one older add-on after my ex-girlfriends, does that count?