Falcon 9 at Cape Canaveral

Fixerger

Reaction score
Hehe... i've also looked at my orbiter and done that picture of Saturn-1B (didn't search for original PLF) + Delta IV + Zenit + Atlas V + Falcon 9

Attachments

• Comparsion.png
    Comparsion.png
    158.8 KB · Views: 51

Linguofreak

Reaction score
The timing is almost perfect for the ability to see the rotating upper stage / Dragon crossing Australia about an hour after launch I guess.

Just noticed I misread his claim. I thought he said the sightings preceded the launch. But he says the launch preceded the sightings, and lasted only 9 minutes (as if it weren't in orbit). So yeah, he's a kook there too.

anemazoso

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The grand scale of things.....

:tiphat:

Attachments

• Asorted Rockets.jpg
    Asorted Rockets.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 78
Reaction score
I thought the same thing. And (it might have been my video buffering or something) did the rocket leave the pad before the clock read "0"? I've not had a chance to see any more video yet...

edit--
Just watched it again, I thought I was concentrating so hard I sent myself into a time warp, but no... It looks as if the clamps released at T-2 and the rocket started it's "roll program".

Either way, intentional or not, it worked... Now I'll start waiting for Flight Two!

In the second video it looks a lot more stable going up, and launches at T=0 by the broadcast countdown, so maybe it was a combination of camera angle and the countdown timer being slightly off in the Spacex broadcast. The launch still looked a little messy though, made my heart stop when I watched it for the first time.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Any idea when the Dragon will arrive and a possible launch date?

PS my 1,000th post! :)

Reaction score
"It's actually the most powerful stuff known to man. Dragon is capable of re-entering from a lunar velocity, or even a Mars velocity with the heat shield that it has."

This statement intrigues me...