Expansion Pack for STS-125?

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hello everybody, a quick question:

Before I spend the time creating a series of releasable scenarios for the shuttle fleet for STS-125 (I'll create a few for myself), is there any interest in an expansion pack for STS-125? I ask because I'm assuming that there will be one for the SSU and I've been away for awhile. Has SSU rendered the shuttle fleet old news?

Dave

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Not quite as they haven't released it yet, however I know that Dom has been making a STS-125 pack for SSU, He may however like the scenarios that you produce ;)

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Not quite as they haven't released it yet, however I know that Dom has been making a STS-125 pack for SSU, He may however like the scenarios that you produce ;)
Well, it's a joint project between me and Donamy. I supply the HST, SLIC and MULE. He supplies the ORUC and FSS.

SSU are aiming for a release in time for the STS-125 launch.

flying coffin

Reaction score
Yes, I'm definitely interested in a fleet STS-125 pack. Your shuttle mission packs are top notch!

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I would be interested in an STS-125 pack for the fleet.

Great add-ons, by the way David413. I'm sure the SSU will be awesome as well, but I definitely appreciate the Shuttle Fleet and its associated add-ons. :cheers: Thanks for your work!

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Add me to the list for the STS-125 expansion pack!

Belisarius

Obsessed with reality. Why?
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh yes, the STS-125 in Fleet is most definitely welcome. Even if the SSU is ready in time for the launch, will we have time to learn how to fly it?

OV105girl

Reaction score
While on the subject of -125, is it somehow possible to simulate the grappling of Atlantis' OBSS by Endeavours' RMS and keeping it attached to Atlantis, or is that beyond the capabilities of Orbiter?

Regards,
OV105girl

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
While on the subject of -125, is it somehow possible to simulate the grappling of Atlantis' OBSS by Endeavours' RMS and keeping it attached to Atlantis, or is that beyond the capabilities of Orbiter?

That should be possible. Orbiter does maybe not do it perfectly realistic, but you can do that activity.

OV105girl

Reaction score
That should be possible. Orbiter does maybe not do it perfectly realistic, but you can do that activity.

Unfortunately not. Once i grapple the forward OBSS attatchment point with Endeavours' arm, it gets detatched from Atlantis and then the ships drift apart again....

OV105girl

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Unfortunately not. Once i grapple the forward OBSS attatchment point with Endeavours' arm, it gets detatched from Atlantis and then the ships drift apart again....

Yes, that's what I mean with not perfectly realistic. Docking and attachments together require some care, You need to release the OBSS first from Atlantis and then grapple it with the Endeavour arm.

-----Posted Added-----

I ask because I'm assuming that there will be one for the SSU and I've been away for awhile. Has SSU rendered the shuttle fleet old news?

SSU will never really replace Shuttle Fleet. It will be different. ;)

Also, we have still so many mission gaps in SSU, which are solved in Shuttle Fleet, that I don't think, we can even be considered a rival to the Fleet until 2009.

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I ONLY fly your fleet David ! A STS-125 expansion pack would be most welcome ! Looking very much forward to your creation !

:cheers:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

OV105girl

The only thing I can think of, is an invisible second docking port.

Shuttle_Hugger

Reaction score
Hi David, you may remember as STS-666 in the old forum, any of my friends from NSF here may know me as STS-500Cmdr. i would be happy and in fact look forward to your STS-125 pack. I like your Shuttle Fleet, i'm still fairly loyal to it, tons of fun. Shuttle Fleet is still relevent, not old news to me. It's nice to have a couple shuttle add-ons. I have been playing with SSU recently and its fun although it has a ways to go still..i like both, i look forward to STS-125 packs for shuttle fleet and SSU..or any combination. BTW maybe later on, i wouldnt mind similiar packs or the parts or the configurations..im not sure the right word, for simulating the previous Hubble servicing missions like STS-61 with things like the solar arrays that were carried up and changed out. Just a thought.

roblin

Reaction score
Me too. I have been away for some time, but would very much like to se more from the two of you.

/R

xmariox

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi Dave, I hope that you´ll present some new features for the Fleet:) It want some upgrades:)

for example:

lights for night time launches...
inverse kinematics for RMS...etc

I´m still devoted to your Fleet:)