Programming Question Editing ship thrust parameters

Racecarlock

Reaction score
Hello. Here's the deal. In addons such as the supership or the bullet in the model rockets addon, it seems that somebody edited some sort of parameter for maximum thrust or something. I wanna make a clone of the deltaglider with more powerful hover engines for myself since the interplanetary addon one didn't even appear in the simulator. But does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Deltaglider is a dll'ed vessel so you can't edit the dll.

You could make a spaceship3 version of the deltaglider and use the deltaglider mesh for the vessel but you'd lose the features in the DLL.

Cerebus

Lurking
Donator
Reaction score
If you wish to change the values of a craft which has been designed as an addon, the chances are that it will be a compiled dll based one, which cannot be changed unless you have the source code, however if it has been designed to use spacecraft3.dll then it's a simple matter of changing the values in the corresponding .ini file for that craft, or if you are like myself, to 'clone' an existing .ini file and edit that one to suit yourself.

The best advice I could give would be to install spacecraft3, and have a look in /orbiter/config/spacecraft, which has some very useful examples.

Note that you will also have to write/edit a scenario file to use the 'new' craft, again /orbiter/scenarios/vinkas spacecraft will provide you with the best examples of how this is done.

Hope this helped :)

Racecarlock

Reaction score
I don't even know how to make a box work in the game. Does anyone know where I can get the delta-glider source code? I want to make the hover thrusters actually make me "Hover". Also, I do have spacecraft 3 and multistage 2.

Last edited:

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I think you can change the vessel's parameters from it's config file, even if it's compiled. Read it in a description of a VESSEL2 callback, but can't remember which.