OHM Doomsday Nebula

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: stevcast

This addon simulates a small circular nebula.

The particle emitting ship concept and color dll is by BrianJ.
  You can change the emitter colors,to change the apearance of the stellar field. Simply change the color name of each emitter ship in the scenario to the color you prefer.

The last two listed emitter ships in each scenario are two that are located in the center of the nebula field.

The core body for this nebula utilizes the Doomsday Asteroid by raftdood.

Texture used is the Nemesis texture by ignorethisbarrel.

I have placed this nebula in it's own solar system so as not to interfere with those that have the Doomsday asteroid in the primary solar system.

This addon can be added to the Orbiter Nebula Color Upgrade. It is safe to overwrite the files.

You can change the physics and behavior of the particle emissions by working with the parameters in the config files, (i.e., cofig/vessels/nebgen) and also by changing the mass and diameter of the Doomsday Nebula.

Thanks to Jon Marcure for the original idea, and for the members at ragtag for their past help and support.

Special thanks to BrianJ.

stevcast and son

NOTE: Just as with the original Orbiter Nebula Color Update, there is an added quirk. For some reason, a second, smaller nebula forms off to the right. Try as I might, I can neither explain nor correct this added "bonus". Maybe, if I keep after it, I'll get an entire new galaxy forming in Orbiter!

DOWNLOAD

stevcast

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
only white emissions

I am only getting white, no colors.

Check to insure that scenarios used have nebgen in the emitter ship name. This addon, as well as the color nebula upgrade utilize BrianJ's nebgen dll. You may be running the scenarios from the original nebula addon, and these scenarios would have nebgas labelled emitter ships instead of the newer nebgen needed for the color enhancement.

Kelly Wright

Reaction score
Problem update

I had not previously installed either Orbiter Nebula Color Upgrade or the original Orbiter Nebula. I installed "Orbiter Nebula Color Upgrade" over "Doomsday Nebula" overwriting all conflicts. "Doomsday Nebula" now works as advertised. But I think there may still be a problem with the download package on Orbiter Hanger mods. Something is not right for it to work as a stand alone package.

stevcast

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I had not previously installed either Orbiter Nebula Color Upgrade or the original Orbiter Nebula. I installed "Orbiter Nebula Color Upgrade" over "Doomsday Nebula" overwriting all conflicts. "Doomsday Nebula" now works as advertised. But I think there may still be a problem with the download package on Orbiter Hanger mods. Something is not right for it to work as a stand alone package.

Thanks Kelly!! I will download the addon from OHM and run it in my orbiter set up to see if I can duplicate your problem...If anyone else has any difficulties, please let me now.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

I've downloaded the Doomsday Nebula, and have gone over it. It has worked fine in every aspect. Maybe when it was downloaded, a file was corrupted...? I guess I'll just have to wait to see if anyone else has any problems with the addon.