.dll Question Description of the plugin module

Goth

Occasional orbinaut
Donator
Reaction score
In the modules page of Orbiter launchpad I can see that every plugin module which comes with the default installation has a description visible on the right.
All user created plugins do not have this, and indeed I searched in the API reference but I cannot find anything which let you choose the description.
Just curious.

vchamp

Reaction score
It's taken from the string table of project's resources file (which have the '.rc' extension). The id is IDS_INFO.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It's taken from the string table of project's resources file (which have the '.rc' extension). The id is IDS_INFO.

As just tried, it is not sufficient to name it IDS_INFO (or have an IDS_TYPE for the category), but also to have it set to numerical id 1000 (and 1001).

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
All user created plugins do not have this, and indeed I searched in the API reference but I cannot find anything which let you choose the description.
Not all user modules, mine do have this (i.e. DisableDebugString and AllowMultipleInstances). ;)

Last edited:

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
We have already found out that the word "user" is not quite applicable to orb :p :tiphat: As for me, I found this feature by looking at Xyon's XRRR dll's resources. (Yup, will upload the new version as soon as the worktide subsides).