Question Deltaglider EX missing nose gear texture.....

TachyonDriver

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
and plasma effect.

Everything else regarding the DGEX appears to work fine in D3D9 client. It's great that I can still use her with hardware acceleration :) But..

When using an addon skin (there is not very many extra skins - shame!) the nosewheel & strut are untextured. Having opened up the respective .dds files in a suitable program (paint.net). I appear to have spotted the problem: The addons don't have some of the areas copied over, notably those in the top right corner of the file when you display it (marked in red). I'm assuming these are what overlay the nose gear. NOTE: I know nothing about re-skinning anything, just went looking for a dds viewer/editor on the internet (is there a suitable tutorial on how to re-skin/re-texture stuff for Orbiter?

DGex_2_zps8ykq9eo0.jpg

DGex_2ESA_zpsardvjnx5.jpg

No plasma visual effect within D3D9. The plasma has a physical effect on the DGEX, but not a visible one, hence the craft is still perfectly flyable. When using the native DX7 Orbiter, the plasma nozzle illuminates when used. Also, possibly related, possibly not is the fact that the exhaust nozzles remain illuminated with a pale blue colour when in orbit with no power applied.

Can anyone help? :cheers:

Last edited: