Software CTD when setting date with scenario editor

Amaris

Reaction score
Hi,

when I try to set the date using the scenario editor, orbiter crashes. All other functions of the editor seem to work fine.
I'm using orbiter for quite a while now and the editor never caused any problems until now.
The last thing I did, was editing the original "Launch to ISS"-scenario, which comes with the "XR2 Ravenstar". I erased MIR, Luna Orbiter and all spaceships other than the XR2. Then I set the date to "Now" and saved it as a new scenario.
Later I wanted to set the date one hour into the future, but got the first CTD instead. Since then, the editor crashes whenever I try to change the date - doesn't matter which scenario.

The orbiter.log doesn't show anything unusual.

Can anyone help me ?

Greetins,
Amaris

P.S.: Sorry for mistakes in grammar and orthography, english isn't my native language

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Can you test in a clean Orbiter installation (no add-ons)? If that works (which it should), then install UMMu 1.5, OrbiterSound, and the XR2. Then re-test setting the scenario date; that should also work. Then you can install one add-on at-a-time and re-test after each one is installed until you pin down the problem add-on.

Amaris

Reaction score
Hmm...now it works again. But instead I get a CTD now when loading quicksaves. Not every savegame, but the latest ones.

An new installation would probably the best solution. Unfortunately I have a lot of Add-On's installed and don't even know which. I first installed Orbiter two years ago and can't remember what add-on's I installed back then.

:-(

Amaris

Reaction score
It seems that I've pinned down the problem that causes Orbiter to crash when loading quicksaves.
In every qucksave which crashed I was docked at the ISS with the XR2_Ravenstar.
I made two quicksaves just a few moments ago. In the first I was docked, and the second I saved a few seconds later after undocking. The first quicksave crashes, the second does not.

BTW: Yesterday I installed Orbiter completeley new.

flytandem

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.flytandem.com
This might be unrelated to your problem but, I've had trouble with the date editor. Not a CTD but definitely a problem.

It happens when sitting on the ground but not while inflight. Compare the scenarios of Delta-glider/Cape Canaveral and the Delta-glider/DG Mk4 in orbit. Fire up these scenarios, then use the scenario editor and see what happens. I found the glider sitting on the ground has problems and the one in orbit doesn't.

It seems directly editing the actual MJD value isn't a problem, but using the Universal Time at the top and toggling months or years value (days hours min and sec don't have the effect). Apply the date change of a few months or even just one month and hit "Apply" then close the scenario editor. Then apply some throttle... even just touching some LIN, and the ship jumps to some huge velocity value. But a quit and restart after the date change fixes the problem.

For me the issue is manifested after doing a TransX plan and not wanting to warp a long time to a future launch date that could be years in the future. Having lost faith in the scenario editor for the date change, I save the scenario and manually edit to the new MJD date.