Project CST-100

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
OK got the SKP file to import with skins and skype textures. I'll convert the textures to .dds, and re-texture the objects with them.

This will take some time. Please be patient, It will get some attention on Sunday, but I have some running around to do. More attention thru out the coming week.

Attachments

• skin.png
    skin.png
    273.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Got a first-draft of an operations manual knocked together finally. It's really not much, but you guys are more than welcome to critique what I have so far.

Any changes, additions, deletions, corrections or whatever, PM me and I'll incorporate it.

Attachments

• CST manual WIP.pdf
    120 KB · Views: 46

Ark

Reaction score
Are those thrusters on the bottom solely for LES, or can they be used as OMS propulsion?

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Are those thrusters on the bottom solely for LES, or can they be used as OMS propulsion?

I suggest the large escape thrusters are used only for a launch abort. They shall provide an abort accelleration of 7-8 g, which is quite brutal. They would probably be not throttable, but optimized for a short (2-3 sec) high thrust. Any use for an orbital maneuver would be quite difficult.

diogom

Reaction score
So, its OMS propulsion are the RCS engines, just like the Dragon?

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Yes.When Capt_Hensley is done with texturing i'll convert it to mesh and send it to you for assigning the thruster groups.

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Also PhantomCruiser,great work with the Documentation!I like that last page there lol.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I said, but that black object in the bottom left corner [of the icon] is a cut-out of a conceptual Bigelow Aerospace inflatable space station, and obviously there is the ISS both of which the CST-100 is designed for use. The other objects should be fairly self-explanatory.

Pablo49

Reaction score
I didn't say this before since I assumed your models were all "rough drafts" or the like, but don't you think you are rushing this a bit? look at the images of the model, and I don't really see a CST-100. Just a rough generic capsule. The edge where the heatshield meets the sides of the capsule comes to a hard edge. That isn't right, and definitely doesn't match the CST images. Also the accent cap doesn't match any pictures, either. It doesn't blend into the sides of the capsule.

It's been less than two weeks since you started, and addons take time. I'd rather wait longer for you to make a good looking CST-100 addon, then fly this how it looks right now. Trust me, I have a number of SC3 addons I've made for myself, that I wouldn't dream of releasing since I'm not happy with how they look. Take pride in your work.

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
^ With the permission of KY I will make some mesh modifications in 3DS that will align it more with the images we are using as reference. I hope this would be satisfactory to all?

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
Command Module, WIP. I still cant figure out how to slice through an object in 3DS 2012. Anybody got a tutorial?

The dome nose cone has been corrected to blend into the cone of the body
The Gold rods are the thrusters situated according to the original
The Green tubes are there on the original, but need to be tilted 45 degrees
Colors adjusted to match the original

dimensions are the same as the SKP mesh, just slightly taller due to the adjustments I had to make for the docking ring.

Removed balck images, uploaded white images, stupid forum, defaults the BG to black, oh well, enjoy

Attachments

• img 8.png
    img 8.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 66
  • WIP-003.jpg
    WIP-003.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 54
  • WIP-004.jpg
    WIP-004.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited: