News COVID-19 pandemic

What will happen after the Corona epidemic?

• The population of Asia will be reduced, accelerating the sustainable development.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • The major civilizations will collapse.

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • The human race will end.

Votes: 20 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
A debunking of a conspiracy claims about the virus

5G causes Coronavirus: BUSTED!!! - YouTube

I've been references to this conspiracy theory around the web, but I haven't really followed any links because I don't want to give Google et al's ad-targeting algorithms the idea that I'm interested in such preposterous garbage.

Can somebody explain briefly just how on Earth people think that 5G could possibly spread coronavirus? Is it some sort of confusion regarding the possibility that Chinese networking equipment might contain spyware (which is a legitimate concern, given that the attitude of the Chinese regime to the internet seems to be "hack all the things"), and then conflating malware ("computer viruses", even though that's not really what you're dealing with when equipment is backdoored) with biological viruses?

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
I don't watch those YouTube videos, but I read some conspiracy forums :rofl:
From the discussions there, it's seems to be very simple:

5G has radio energy » virus grows because of that energy (perhaps same energy as the Pyramids or standing stones...)
5G is Chinese » only makes the Chinese virus grow

It's as sophisticated as flat earth, but one should not be surprised.
Don't think this crowd understands spyware beyond "they are listening on my calls"

Last edited:

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Just watched a video, now removed, by a woman pretending to be a nurse claiming this same thing. She also has a video about how this is all Bill Gate's fault. The gist of her video was that the towers put out a signal that disrupts the cells in your body and create the virus.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
You see, 5G signal is the right frequency to create potential across individual human cells, and this triggers a process called electrophoresis, which opens up their membranes and allow them to suck in random plasmids floating around. The cell's protein making machinery would then execute these plasmids and produce toxins and viruses.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Can somebody explain briefly just how on Earth people think that 5G could possibly spread coronavirus?

It's very simple to explain, really: Nations all around the world have been gutting public education for at least a decade, while in parallel the most powerful tool for spreading misinformation in all of history found its way into everybody's pocket.

It's as sophisticated as flat earth

Hey, the mathematical model of flat-earthers is actually quite sophisticated. Well, at least it's complicated as hell... :lol:

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It's very simple to explain, really: Nations all around the world have been gutting public education for at least a decade, while in parallel the most powerful tool for spreading misinformation in all of history found its way into everybody's pocket.

And have focussed so much on the wrong kind of STEM education, that children are taught to compute, instead of thinking. I find it annoying that my daughter is right now so much drilled into calculating math terms without even thinking about the why she should do so, I would not be surprised if she eventually will have big trouble taking a step back and think about the big picture: Why am I actually doing this? Why must I use this formula and not use something better (of course, because the professor wants you to use it).

The true goal of mathematics is the avoidance of (unneccessary) calculations. Its the same with software development. A good architecture means to make sure the developers have time focussing on the big problems.

Last edited:

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I'm so glad I moved back to Maine a few years ago. It's going to be a long year though. I'm still working (manufacturing engineer), and it's nice to still be getting paid, but if I get this thing I'm pretty sure it'll kill me.

What can you do :shrug:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
David Icke is a sad case.
If I remember right he was a sports presenter on UK tv for many years, then disappeared.

Popped up later as a conspiracy/mystic guest on chat shows. Became obvious he had a mental health problem/attitude and disappeared again.

To be honest I though he'd gone hermit or passed away.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The guy flew all the way out there just to chide the crew? If he thinks that would in any way affect soldiers loyal to a direct superior who got into a tussle with the top brass for their safety's sake, I guess he can be considered stupid or naive too... :facepalm:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The guy flew all the way out there just to chide the crew? If he thinks that would in any way affect soldiers loyal to a direct superior who got into a tussle with the top brass for their safety's sake, I guess he can be considered stupid or naive too... :facepalm:

I am pretty sure, naive alone is not enough to do it like that... A SECNAV with at least one or two working neurons might have known that it is a matter of respect to cheer the year-long captain of your ship when he leaves. With or without him writing a necessary letter.

Linguofreak

Reaction score

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This article explains his reasoning:

Oh, I get the reason for the firing. That's just an administrator being proactive on Trumps "Fire everyone that puts me in a bad light, whether intended or accidental"-policy.

Why he thought flying out there and berating the crew after it was all over was a good idea is what's beyond me. Like, how far removed from reality do you have to be??

Last edited:

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Why he thought flying out there and berating the crew after it was all over was a good idea is what's beyond me. Like, how far removed from reality do you have to be??

Well, when you don't expect those above you to be in touch (or, if they're in touch, if you don't trust them), you tend to act with the level of sanity that you expect from them.

It *can* be argued that Crozier's actions were improper and insubordinate, but that's what court martials are for.

Status
Not open for further replies.