- Apr 9, 2008
- Reaction score
Author: 4th rock
Constellation Program for Orbiter 2016
Diferences from the 2010 version:
- no UCGO or UMMU
- Ares rockets implemented using Multistage2015
- Includes Spotlight to illuminate terrain and launchpad
- Spotlights on vessels for docking in darkness and landing on polar regions.
- Added landing site "bases" for the Moon real landing sites, slightly offset from the real locations.
- Keys and checklist references added to the VC as textures.
Since Orbiter 2016 doesn't suport UCGO or UMMU, this version only implements simple LEO ISS mission and a conceptual Moon mission. For more info see docs/constellation_cev_2016.txt
- LaunchMFD can't handle launching the Altair from the Moon surface.
- Slight mesh mismatch between the Altair landing and ascent modules after separation while landed.
- Multistage2015 autopilot spends more fuel to get into orbit than Velcro. So use the scenarios provided to get to the Moon.
- The Malapert landing site was moved to a realistic location. PursuitMFD will land you there.