complete noob questions

super420

Reaction score
so i read the manual and i still have huge problems. for some reason i cant launch,turn or pretty much do anything with any ship. i cant click panels. i dont know whats going on. ive reinstalled twice. my mouse works to move the camera and my keyboard works to quit the game so i dont know whats going on. guess ill play some WoW :). any help would be appreciated

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Welcome!
It sounds like it could be a problem with your computer. Which panels are you unable to click on? The 3d "virtual cockpits" or the flat panels with all the switches, or the "glass cockpit" with just the two displays and some buttons on the bottom?
What kind of computer are you working on?

-Pv-

Reaction score
As Martin warns in the Orbiter Manual, this is not a typical game. With some exceptions, the mouse interface is not as complete as your typical shooter or war game. There is a high reliance on plugins to the basic game which provide more game-like interactivity.

Once you are separated from Earth atmosphere, the environment of space is unfamiliar to most people and requires a dedicated learning time.

The tutorials suggested are very good at giving you an introduction to Orbiter. Also, take a look at all the documents in the \Doc and \Add on doc sub-directories.
-Pv-

Kveldulf

Reaction score
Try Go Play In Space, I hear it is very good.
Here is a link: http://www.aovi93.dsl.pipex.com/play_in_space.htm
I can't describe how good it is. The Orbiter Manual helps a little when it comes to getting into Orbit, and to a lesser extent, docking at ISS/Mir. Go Play in Space walked me through rendevouz, docking, travel to the Moon, and a trip to Mars. Not only does it include the tutorials, but while it tells you what you're doing, it tells you what you're doing. You actually learn the effects of Hohmann Transfers, why you have to align planes the way you do, etc.

As someone who learned Orbiter from Go Play in Space, I highly recommend it. Worth every second it takes to download :thumbup:

Reaction score
i know this sounds like im insulting your inteligence but i dont mean it that way

you have to use the number pad keys

if your using a laptop there should be some numbers on the letters keys possibly in a diffrent colour.

it took me a couple of tries to figure thats out

hope i helped:)