AeroBrakeMFD Colored map in Graph/Map PRJ

Catweazle

Reaction score
Hi at all!

I have got a question concerning the map/graph display of AerobrakeMFD.
Just in case somebody came across the same "problem", and there might be a solution for this:

When I installed AerobrakeMFD for the first time and clicked through the different display and PRJ options, a small world map was shown in rather detailed colors and shades.

Then unfortunately I had to re-install my complete Orbiter setup, because I unintentionally deleted parts of it.

At least I thought, I re-installed all components as they were before, but since that time in AerobrakeMFD I get this world map only showing the rather coarse contours of the continents in green (see attached jpg picture). No more colors or details.

I already tried to completely remove AerobrakeMFD (version 0.96.2) and re-install it, but to no use. Then, I tried to install a completely new orbiter installation (on the same computer, but on another harddrive) with no other addons except AerobrakeMFD, just to exclude any influence of other addons: this made no difference.

Of course, the AerobrakeMFD still works fine, but with the colored map it was a lot nicer than now... :(

Is there any setting I could have changed without knowing it had such an influence? Or any other idea what could have caused that change?

Thanks for any help!
Catweazle

PS:
In case this might be helpful for answering to my post:

My computer runs under Windows XP SP3
Graphics: NVidia GeForce 6600
Video setting in Orbiter: full screen 1920 x 1080 / 32 bpp

Here is a list of all components I have currently installed with Orbiter:

Orbiter 2010 100830

D3D9 Client R12
OrbiterSound 4.0
Screen Capture addon

DeltaGliderIV-3 + UMmu 3.0 (2014)
UCGO 3.0 + UMmu 3.0 (2014)
DeltaGlider XR1 1.11a
XR2 Ravenstar 1.6a
XR5 Vanguard 1.9a

AeroBrakeMFD 0.96.2
BaseSyncMFD 2.3
BurnTimeCalcMFD 2.7
InterplanetaryMFD 5.5
LaunchMFD 1.6.2
LunarTransferMFD 1.4
RendezvousMFD 050621
TransX 3.0 2014.01.11

HUDDrawerSDK 3.0
ModuleMessagingSDK 1.1

Earth L11,L14 091124_11_14
Mars L11 091218_11
Moon L11 090730_11

Armstrong Lunar Base 0.5
Jarvis SC
Luna City 4
New Runway Texture - Fix (for KSC)
Niven 3.2
Taxi Ascension (taxiways for Wideawake Intl.)
Timbocharis
Upton Village (+ Upton Village Pad Patch)
Vandenberg Air Force Base
Wideawake International
Wideawake Runways with numbering

Attachments

• AerobrakeMFD_map.jpg
    AerobrakeMFD_map.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 27

Castor

Reaction score
You can toggle the display of details by pressing the <MOD> button.

Last edited:

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The map has nothing with Aerobrake MFD to do. All the maps shown in Aerobrake MFD (or any other MFD or add-on using bitmap maps) will display a bitmap found in your "Textures" folder. The map will have the name [Planet name]M.bmp and you can change the map as you want.
The default EarthM.bmp is green as in your screenshot. You can find new maps on Orbit Hangar, both grey maps or coloured ones.

I use "Grey Maps" by "20 litre" found here: [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5395"]Grey Maps v1.1[/ame]
If you want colour maps, you can use these: [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2611"]MFD maps[/ame] and [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2356"]Color Earth and Moon Maps for Map MFD[/ame]
But I'm sure that you can find more if you search for "MFD map" on Orbit Hangar.

Catweazle

Reaction score
Thanks alot for the quick answers.

@Castor: There's some misunderstanding, I guess. I didn't mean the detailed numbers and values which can be toggled on and off by MOD as in most MFDs. I meant the color and visual details of the map itself.

@asbjos: Thanks for the hint. I will try this as soon as I got the time. I just wonder why I once already had the colored map just by installing Orbiter and any mentioned addons just as they came, without explicitely downloading any additional map texture. For my re-install, I used the same zipped files of the components again, and the map changed ... strange!
By the way, in the AerobrakeMFD manual is a picture of the map, and although it is not a color picture, it is clearly visible that the map isn't just contour.
However, I'll try with additional textures.

Catweazle

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Great! I used the one of the colored bitmaps from MFD maps as you suggested. Now AerobrakeMFD has its colored map back. :thumbup: Thanks again!

By the way: Map MFD seems not to use one of the [Planet name]M.bmp files.
Any idea how to modify this contour map? Not that I don't like Map MFD as it is, but I'm just curious and like to understand how things work...

Catweazle

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
By the way: Map MFD seems not to use one of the [Planet name]M.bmp files.
Any idea how to modify this contour map? Not that I don't like Map MFD as it is, but I'm just curious and like to understand how things work...

Catweazle

Since Orbiter 2010 the Map MFD uses a vector map of the planets. This allows the MFD to pan and zoom, something it couldn't do earlier with the regular bitmap.
If you would like the old Map MFD, you can add the line
Code:
MFDMapVersion = 0
to your Orbiter.cfg file found in the Orbiter root folder.