no fix.
fptractor3.jpg

Code:
	SetTouchdownPoints  (_V(0,.001,9), _V(-4,.001,-9), _V(4,.001,-9));;

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I don't either. It is like it is going into the ground. SC3 and dll does the same.

Kendo

Reaction score
Fixed. John, check your emails.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
FPTRACTOR4.jpg

FPTRACTOR5.jpg

More progress. Made the forcefield posts as UCGO. You can see the Jupiter 2 launch pad in the background.

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
The Forbidden Planet film is a classic, way ahead of it's time and I often watch it. I look forward to this.

In your ships interior, I noticed no shadows. Can I ask if you have turned off shadows in the config file or have editted the materials section within the mesh file.?
On Dans Arrow I have seen the Captains cabin and had an idea about emulating his work to remove the need for night time textures when creating the interior of the Wulfruna Base, reducing the added need to edit the Base.cfg and not so many textures (half the DDS ammount and something I wish I knew when creating the XR Facility). I am haveing huge success employing this, but it is difficult to edit the textures to reflect the light.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes I set I think flag 4 as in the TOS enterprise bridge. It is not shadows as much as the sun glare and wash of the textures.

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
This is my section of the material attributes on some of the interior meshes on the base which I add after converting to Orbiter's environment.

1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0
1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0
1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0
1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 0.25

I cannot pretend to know what's going on, but I don't get shadows, just a bright mesh. Which I simply texture, just adding extra heavy shade to the DDS to compensate and add ambience. You'll see when I update the project thread. When I get a chance, and convert the new sections I'll post some pics. But I have found it suprising how it adds to the effect. I'd need a hundred little lights to achieve the same effects, but the ummu betray the lack of light and show where the sun is when I tested it before.

I was just wandering how you handled your meshes. :tiphat:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My interior mesh setting are :

Code:
 .878431  .878431  .878431  1
 .878431  .878431  .878431  1
 1  1  1  1  20
 .2  .2  .2  1

if it has a texture

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
Thankyou for your settings Gattispilot.

I converted an .obj to a new mesh section for the base and took an image in Orbiter's environment useing my settings first, as shown in top picture section. I then took your settings and pasted them over mine to see what difference it would make. As you can see, a very large differnce.

picture.php

I think it has something to do with the atmospheric properties of Earth that may affect the mesh itself, although I haven't really put the base on Earth. But looking at your ships interior, I can only assume this.

It's a trouble really as any ship that leaves the Earth and it's atmospheric properties, may change the effects of the mesh and texture display in a vacume without such properites. If the base or vessel is placed on another planet or moon with differing properties, I wonder what the effects would be. I'll have to try some experiments with the sections, just to see.

Thanks for the feedback Gattispilot. Most helpful and goodluck with the cruiser.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
C57DCREW1.jpg

Thanks to Kendo on texture. Now a class A and a routine uniform and a enviromental suit

Kendo

Reaction score
This is Johns mod really. I only did a couple of textures.:thumbup:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
robbycar2.jpg

Now Robby's car. I think the tractor for offloading and loading off the C57D may just need to be created and deleted. The ummu could unpack it once but no pack it into a crate.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just be sure it has a breathable atmosphere. The tractor and car will only have non suited guys. I made a Spacesuit guy as that is what shows up when you exit.

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
This is HOT work people... I'm so very impressed with those vehicles, they look exactly as I remember them from the film. The robot looks fantastic too. I love the colour of it. I take it I would be able to use it like an MMU because I'd enjoy having it as a part of my XR5 crew aswell.

This is a must have for my addon collection. :thumbup:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thats the plan.
ROBBYCAR4.jpg

So basically you will have 3 Ummus. Humans with the ribbed shirt and hat, humans and plain shirt, and Robby.

liber found the Robby model.