Poll Browser Wars Take 2!

Which web browser do you use most often?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 37 42.0%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • Apple Safari

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Opera

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Some other minor competitors that you think should be mentioned...

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Can't make up your mind...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Well, you might say "Hey, isn't there a similar thread here?
It's over a year since the last vote, and since then new versions of the big and small browsers has been released.
So... the race is on for the second round of browser wars on OF!:cheers:

First, my own vote: after a long battle in my brain, I've decided to vote on this, although it barely beats out this, and this should receives a honorable mention.:)

Last edited:

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Google chrome all the way... but i just noticed that the built in spell checker doesnt know how to spell "Google"... thats a major mess up in Google's programming department

Nazban

Reaction score
Google chrome is the fastest and takes the least time to load for me :)

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
Google Chrome. It's the fastest of which I have tried. I'm using Canary Build and I love it.

Firby

Reaction score
Chrome is the best. Fast and easy. Firefox is good and wins internet exploder but chromes the best! :yes:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I use Firefox out of habit, but I have Chrome and Opera hanging around and wouldn't mind using either of them instead. Sadly the only thing I use Chrome for is viewing SWF files locally. :hide:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
In order from most to least used:
  1. Gecko / Minefield (Firefox pre-releases; nightly builds)
  2. AppleWebKit / Chromium (like Chrome but not Google's, open source; hourly builds)
  3. Presto / Opera (snapshot builds)
  4. Trident / Internet Explorer (not for browsing, only to check how pages are rendered, or to get nonstandard MS updates; only version 8.0, as 9.0 doesn't support Windows XP)
Chrome/Chromium isn't the best for me, because it lacks a couple of extensions, which I'm used to from the Firefox, and has too few configuration options.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
IE votes currently at 0... :lol:

It's good to see most people have found other browsers to use. I've found best results with performance both here on O-F and other sites with Google Chrome and Firefox, but I still use Firefox out of habit like Izack. :)

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Google Chrome here, by far. Lightning fast, as customizable as FF though skins are limited, plus its got a nice beat and you can dance to it!

Used to be Firefox, but lately I find FF to be just as sluggish as IE, regardless of the system I'm running it on.

Grover - I agree, the spell checker should at least have Google added in as a proper name. If you're using lowercase g to spell it however, then the catch is warranted. After all, "google" isn't really a word. The correct spelling is googol (which, by the way, it is also flagging as misspelled :facepalm:).

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Firefox. I'm not very at ease with the Google-ic Empire. :firefox:

halcyon

Reaction score
Up until reading this thread, Firefox.
After reading this thread, Chrome.

Man it's fast!

--
Sent from my Chrome (Get it?)

Last edited:

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
I'm using Firefox 4. Chrome is way faster, I know, but because of my study I can't use it..

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
IE9 blows everything else out of the water in terms of speed. Don't believe me? Try it for yourself. The "Galactic" speed test is particularly fun.

Also, Tex, blocking IE is pretty lame, although I can work around it easily by using the developer toolbar to change the user agent string to something else.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
IE9 blows everything else out of the water in terms of speed. Don't believe me? Try it for yourself. The "Galactic" speed test is particularly fun.

Also, Tex, blocking IE is pretty lame, although I can work around it easily by using the developer toolbar to change the user agent string to something else.

Haven't tried it yet. How's the interface in your opinion?

Talked to a fellow tech today. He's been running it on his work laptop (we're an IE shop across all our segments). He said he's about ready to go back to IE8. Hates the interface.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll stick with Windows XP for now and other browsers, which I can at least run on it:
Looking for Internet Explorer 9?

To install Internet Explorer 9, you need to upgrade to a more recent version of Windows.