New Release Brighton Beach 2011 v1.0

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Dropbox, Filefront... There are many hosting services without time limit. I think one of these would be better for the next upload. This looks so cool, but when I wanted to download it the file has allready expired.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hey Rodion,maybe you could have some kind of config file that you could use to set the hose height,distance,so you could use it for any ship.

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Good question. I would also be interested in testing it. Could someone who has that downloaded upload it to a temporary location until Vash can approve on OH? Wikisend is a nice option (no account required, up/download without any advertisement or limitations).

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
This is really awesome! I have a oldish laptop with an Intel graphics card thing, but still get a bearable FPS with it, so I'm guessing most people should be fine.

Just something about the documentation - could you give URLs for the required addons? Orbithangar can't search filenames.

Last edited:

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Required by Rodion's add-on:

- Vinka's spacecraft3
- [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4821"]A Different Brighton Beach Update[/ame]
- [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2437"]Brighton beach surface tiles v2 for orbiter 060504[/ame]

Optional (all these are needed to run the "Brighton Full House" scenario):
a) UCGO20_100114 by Dansteph
b) XR2 Ravenstar by Doug Beachy / Altea Aerospace
c) XR5 Vanguard by Doug Beachy / Altea Aerospace

(Totally Optional) my idea from this same thread:
- [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5206"]Relaxation Dome[/ame]

(Optional) dbeachy1's idea from this thread:
- [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1853"]Luna City, release 4[/ame]

Mind you, one of those requireds (A Different Brighton Beach Update), has an out-of-standard folder structure!

rodion_herrera

Moonwatcher
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
astronomicalsolutions.com
Sorry for the lack of updates--real life just got more busy these past few days, so I wasn't able to work on stuff yet, but yes I'm planning some few tweaks here and there, and will try out some of the suggestions, ideas, and recommendations. Thanks for the interest!

And I keep trying to re-upload it via YouSendIt but my 'net speeds are terrible so it keeps failing. Thank you so much Scruce for "serving" the file in the meantime!

-RODION

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Hmm for some reason it breaks my Wideawake textures when activating this mod.

Found the reason: base.cfg is being changed which needs to be modified for Wideawake.

Last edited:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Why is it so hard on frames with local light sources checked?even taking out all the vehicles out of the scenario accept the Arrow;it's still very slugish.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I assumed my frame rate hit was because my computer is 7 years old. Might try it again with local light sources disabled.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi Phantom,oh yeah I tried without the local light sources,and it runs very good,I was just wondering why it hits the frames so hard,and doesn't on alot of other addons with local light sources checked.Thanks

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
I\'ll upload it again here at about 4:00 GMT today (I can\'t right now ;)).

But I am confused as to the fact that I have already uploaded this addon to Orbit Hangar Mods, and has been waiting for nearly a month now with no approval, Admins, can you help?

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
...I have already uploaded this addon to Orbit Hangar Mods, and has been waiting for nearly a month now with no approval, Admins, can you help?
Vash was on vacation at the time of upload.
Maybe he's been caught in the Christmas rush?

I have created a sort of "all-in-one package" for my private use.

It includes this add-on - of course - and all its "required" ones (Spacecraft3, Brightontiles2.zip, Different Brighton Beach Update.zip).
It includes Luna City and Relaxation Dome as well, plus an edited Config\Moon\Base\Brighton.cfg, plus some corrected folder structure, and some new Docs folders.

In a few words, now it looks quite neat (on my pc).
I didn't publish the link because Rodion didn't want to make such a "mix" with his and other people's stuff.

Anyway, here's the original "plain" Rodion's add-on:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43305405/brighton_beach_2011v1.zip