Question AutoFCS in orbiter 2010P1,100830

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi, I have read,the posts on Autofcs not working in orbiter2010P1 100830,but yet it works in orbiter100606,has anybody tried the betas up to,100803? until autofcs gets updated maybe we can still have the best of both worlds.:thumbup:

REWENGER

Reaction score
AFCS. This program doesn't want to work on 2010 P1

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Known issue. No solution other than flying manually with extra input from GPC MFD.

paulc327

Reaction score
I've tried it in the Orbiter 2010 100606 and it still works, however I don't know about the betas leading up to 100830, sorry

REWENGER

Reaction score
It is a pity...
The problem isn't solved essentially in this version Orbiter? Or the founder of the program doesn't want it to update?

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
He cannot be contacted, so we can only guess... and learn as much about autopilots as we can to make a real rival to AutoFCS some day.

REWENGER

Reaction score
I have idea.
What if AFCS works through the EDITOR? What, if corrects "rigidly" landing through editing by "correction", instead of engines?
And it occurs already at a shuttle input in atmosphere.

Pardone the my electronic translator for its English :))

(Говорила мне мама: "Учи английский", черт побери... И почему всем остальным их матери не говорили учить русский?)

Last edited:

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
:) If by this you mean that AFCS cheats (like my Precession MFD) - no, it doesn't, Orbiter has a special callback function to notify all add-ons about discontinuous jumps in the state vector. AFCS has only 2-3 per cent of the complexity of the real digital autopilot of the Space Shuttle, dealing with perfect state vectors and perfect air control surfaces. There are some forum members here around who know much more about autopilots (some of them work for Rockwell Collins AFAIR)...

As for the matter of languages, English is much more convenient than Russian for on-line communications - it takes on average 30 per cent less typing to express the same idea in English :tiphat: