Question Atlantis Landing Sound

AssemblyLanguage

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
If I use Orbiter Sound on the stock Atlantis landing at KSC with the stock Final Approach scenario I get a nice satisfying wheel screech if I do a proper landing or a crash sound if not.

If I try the stock Atlantis with the STS-125 Finals at Edwards scenario in the Antelope Valley Scenario add-on I don't get those sounds. I do get the altitude calls and the background noise but not the touch down sounds.

Ideas appreciated. Thanks.

AssemblyLanguage

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
If I use Orbiter Sound on the stock Atlantis landing at KSC with the stock Final Approach scenario I get a nice satisfying wheel screech if I do a proper landing or a crash sound if not.

If I try the stock Atlantis with the STS-125 Finals at Edwards scenario in the Antelope Valley Scenario add-on I don't get those sounds. I do get the altitude calls and the background noise but not the touch down sounds.

Ideas appreciated. Thanks.

I guess this is obvious but I after several trials I concluded that the touch down sounds are triggered by the vessel's altitude approaching zero. That mechanism worked fine for Orbiter 2010 but not for Orbiter 2016. BTW, the Delta Glider IV does trigger the touch down sounds but only after changing to a lump of carbon.

Last edited: