dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
DEV NEWS

I'm heading for the "final" release of UCGO/UMMU/DGIV 3.0 version.
There will be some improvements some new things, some bug solving and of course the removing of the "beta" messages.

I'm working with Well in parallel on his amazing "Orcus Patera" base on Mars, due soon. At this occasion I have a done a "PreludeIII" base wich allow a lot of animations, light, control switch for ground base using only a config file. It will be available also with version 3.0.

Preview taken from the doc (not corrected yet, if someone want to help, he's welcome)

InputBackgroundTitle.jpg

Orcus Patera Features

Stunning ground meshes and textures
5 new amazings UCGO cars (See scenario "[Cool] New ucgo cars")
AI trafics passing over the base. If you are lucky you can even see one ship doing a reentry at hight speed and high altitude. (Very long trail)
Animated Solar Cleaner (big yellow bar), you can see them slowly doing their job, you can even command them with a switch.
Animated Hangars door to safely park your favorite ship. Use a UMmu to command opening/closing of the doors.
Animated "Mining" train on the south of the base.
5 Factory that can produce 5 differents type of UCGO cargo (south of base)
Lighted Pad indicator, each free pad have white circle that become orange when the pad is busy (see at night for better effect)
Real local light that illuminate the landing area/ship. You must check in Orbiter's launchpad the "local light" feature. On DX 7 even the ground is lighted, on DX9 this feature seem missing but still the landed ships will be illuminated at night.
Blinking light everywhere so ships doesn't collide with building at night.
Climatisation smoke exhaust coming from differents aeras. You can command them with a switch (if you can find it ;) )
On one of a building's side you have a "touristic" lift that goes up and down from time to time.
Somewhere around the base you have a crash scenery used in one of the scenario ("save the idiots")
4 New UCGO cargos types, two can spawn a rover, one cargo contain saussages (private author's joke) the last one contain sexy clothes. (see mission "Tidy Up")

OrcusPatera2013-11-23_123345.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Halley time. :)
The trail "counter-follow" the sun. Notice also the craters shadow due to normal map in DX9.
There will be a mission on Halley in the Orcus Patera addon and also in UCGO 3.0.

Halley_2013-11-23_182909.jpg

Halley_2013-11-23_183643.jpg

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yet Again you have an offering which raises the standard to which mere mortals can only hope to dream.

For your 1000's of hours you have given to the world of Orbiter, we are in debt, grateful and amazed at your skill.

Proximus

Reaction score
Christmas has come early again! Thanks Dan :thankyou:

:hailprobe:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Preview taken from the doc (not corrected yet, if someone want to help, he's welcome)
I'll take that as an order ;)
Orcus Patera Features

• Stunning ground meshes and textures
  • 5 new amazing UCGO cars (See scenario "[Cool] New ucgo cars")
  • AI traffics passing over the base. If you are lucky you can even see one ship doing a reentry at hight speed and high altitude. (Very long trail)
  • Animated Solar Cleaner (big yellow bar), you can see them slowly doing their job, you can even command them with a switch.
  • Animated Hangars door to safely park your favorite ship. Use a UMmu to command opening/closing of the doors.
  • Animated "Mining" train on the south of the base.
  • 5 Factory that can produce 5 different type of UCGO cargo (south of base)
  • Lighted Pad indicator, each free pad have white circle that become orange when the pad is busy (see at night for better effect)
  • Real local light that illuminate the landing area resp. ship. You must check in Orbiter's launchpad the "local light" feature. On DX 7 even the ground is lighted, on DX9 this feature seem missing but still the landed ships will be illuminated at night.
  • Blinking light everywhere so ships doesn't collide with building at night.
  • Climatisation smoke exhaust coming from different areas. You can command them with a switch (if you can find it )
  • On one of a building's side you have a "touristic" lift that goes up and down from time to time.
  • Somewhere around the base you have a crash scenery used in one of the scenario ("save the idiots")
  • 4 New UCGO cargo types, two can spawn a rover, one cargo contain sausages (private author's joke) the last one contain sexy clothes. (see mission "Tidy Up")
...just some minor typo's fixed (mainly singular/plural faults)

/Kuddel

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
The main intrigue is - what book will be lying on the captain's desk in the UCGO 3 Arrow?;)

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
Yet Again you have an offering which raises the standard to which mere mortals can only hope to dream.

For your 1000's of hours you have given to the world of Orbiter, we are in debt, grateful and amazed at your skill.

What he said!

:thumbup:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
:crystalball:

I predict that Dan has made nother one for the "must have" download list.

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
This update has a lot more than I thought. I'm happy to see the final release coming out and the extended content from Wells. I can't to hit the download button. :thumbup:

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Yooo ! (again ;) )

We need a corrected for the doc (it's release time :) ),
Correcting the doc is extremely simple, the doc is made from text files that use BB tags like forum, you just edit the text with notepad and click one exe that create the html doc, here how it work:

2013-11-25_114039.jpg

Here the actual doc of Orcus Patera (I didn't include your correction actually Kuddel, sorry, I was busy with the last tests)

http://www.dansteph.com/publie/OrcusPatera_Documentation/

We need someone confident in English and that can make a meticulous work.

Last edited:

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
May I volunteer for doc correction? I have quite a bit of spare time this week.

Great, do you have an account on my forum ? (Will be simpler for me)
If yes send me a PM there and I'll give you the link to the actual doc with the files to modify.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Dansteph, seeing that it's nearly Tuesday, I went ahead (sorry Spacethingy) and gave this text a first translation. I just copied the text of the page you linked into Notepad++, so there are a couple of things like "bullet green" or double lines, but other than that it's done.

If any native English-speaking Orbinaut wants to check it out...

Code:
Orcus Patera documentation
Base by Well and DanSteph

Index:

General:
  Welcome
  Learn how to use Orcus Patera
  About Authors

Credit,license, links:
  Links
  Thanks, credit and license

Welcome
Welcome on Orcus Patera,

Orcus Patera is a fictional base located on Mars, and it includes many oustanding features.

To run this addon you'll need the following:
bullet green	Universal Cars and Cargo for Orbiter (UCGO)
bullet green	DeltaGliderIV
bullet green	DX9 or DX11 graphics clients for Orbiter (Not mandatory but they give a better visual result)

Note: Some features (as wheel dust) shown on some screenshots will require UCGO 3.0 not yet available at the time of Orcus Patera release. It will be available soon.

Features

bullet green	Stunning ground meshes and textures
bullet green	5 new amazings UCGO cars (See scenario "[Cool] New ucgo cars")
bullet green	AI traffic passing over the base. If you are lucky you can even see one ship doing a high-speed reentry at high altitude (very long trail).
bullet green	Animated Solar Cleaner (big yellow bar), you can see them slowly doing their job, you can even command them with a switch.
bullet green	Animated Hangars doors to safely park your favorite ship. Use a UMmu to command opening/closing of the doors.
bullet green	Animated "Mining" train located at the south of the base.
bullet green	5 Factories that can produce 5 different types of UCGO cargoes (at south of base as well).
bullet green	Lighted Pad indicator: each free pad is indicated by a white circle that turns orange when the pad is not available/busy (see at night for better effect)
bullet green	Real local lights that illuminate the landing area/ship. In order for this feature to work, you must check Orbiter Launchpad's "local light" option. With DX7 even the ground is lighted, with DX9 this feature seems missing but landed ships will still be illuminated at night.
bullet green	Blinking lights everywhere so ships don't collide with buildings at night.
bullet green	Climatization smoke exhaust coming out from different aeras. You can command them by the flip of a switch (if you can find it ;) )
bullet green	On one building's side there's a "touristic" elevator that goes up and down from time to time.
bullet green	Somewhere around the base you have a crash scenery, used in the "save the idiots" scenario.
bullet green	4 New UCGO cargos types, two can spawn a rover, one cargo contains sausages (private author's joke) and the last one contains sexy clothes (see mission "Tidy Up").

5 news UCGO cars
5 news UCGO cars
Wheels dust (ONLY with UCGO 3.0)
Wheels dust (ONLY with UCGO 3.0)

AI traffic (high altitude also with trail)
AI traffic (high altitude also with trail)
Lots of animated things
Lots of animated things

12 command switches for lights, animations, etc. etc.
12 command switches for lights, animations, etc. etc.
Factories that really produce UCGO cargos
Factories that really produce UCGO cargos

The Real Orcus Patera on Mars

Orcus Patera is a region on the surface of Mars. It is a depression about 380 km long, 140 km wide, and about 0.5 km (500 meters) deep but with a relatively smooth floor. It has a rim up to 1.8 km high. Orcus Patera is West of Olympus Mons and East of Elysium Mons. It is about half-way between those two volcanoes, and NE of Gale crater.

It has experienced aeolian processes, and has some small craters and graben structures. However, it is not known how the patera has originally formed. Theories include volcanic, tectonic or cratering events.

Mars Express observed this region in 2005, yielding a digital terrain model and color pictures. [Credit wikipedia]

Back to index
Learn how to use Orcus Patera
Well, that couldn't be simpler: simply run all the "What's cool - learn Orcus" scenarios and read the descriptions smile

Back to index
About Authors

Well is an Orbiter addon designer since 2004. Great graphics and 3D model designer, he had the idea of Orcus Patera addon and created nearly all its meshes and textures. You can retrieve his other stunning addons on the Pappy's Hangar here

You can contact Well here

DanSteph is an Orbiter addon designer since 2002. He was in charge of all the coding, some details, quality control and the english doc. You can retrieve his other stunning addons on the Dan's Orbiter page

You can contact DanSteph here

Back to index
Links
OrbiterSound 4.0 download page:OrbiterSound 4.0
UCGO 2.5 download page:UCGO 2.5 (3.0 version soon)
DeltaGliderIV download page:DeltaGliderIV
DX9 graphics client:DX9 download thread
DX11 graphics client:DX11 download thread

Forum of the francophone community: http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/

Back to index
Thanks, credits and license
Thanks

Thanks, of course, to Martin for his wonderful simulator and thanks to the whole Orbiter community for the support and friendliness.

Also, thanks to:

beer

License

Orcus Patera 1.0 is freeware, like Orbiter. It is forbidden to make any money from it in any manner, cd distribution etc. It is forbidden to distribute Pictown. I prefer to keep it on a central download point.

Standard disclaimers also apply.

Happy flying!

Well & DanSteph 2013

Doc created with HtmlDocCreator by DanSteph

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional

Last edited:

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Well, much thanks for online correction but two persons contacted me by PM and they are correcting directly the files which is the only good method (Copying back the lines one by one and reintroduce manually the tags would be a call for errors and a useless work. I wrote the doc one time, it's enough ;) )

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
DEV NEWS

I'm heading for the "final" release of UCGO/UMMU/DGIV 3.0 version.
There will be some improvements some new things, some bug solving and of course the removing of the "beta" messages.

Umm, I hate to bring up a sticky subject, but what will this mean for the future of UMMU/UCGO/Orbitersound? Is this the last update of it, or the last one for 3.0?

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Umm, I hate to bring up a sticky subject, but what will this mean for the future of UMMU/UCGO/Orbitersound? Is this the last update of it, or the last one for 3.0?

Last for 3.0 no worry.
All the "2.5" version where in "temporary christmas release" since last christmas (with odd message on the bottom of screen)

So it's the "final" for 2.5 but after 11 month of "temporary release" and some improvements I thought it would be less confusing to pass them in "3.0" version.

For example I'm redoing also the UCGO ShuttleA external which become yet Shuttle-ACV (For Advanced Cargo Vehicle)

ShuttleACV2013-11-26_135503.jpg

With extensive use of normal map for shadows (work only on DX9 & DX11)

ShuttleACV2013-11-26_135536.jpg

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
For example I'm redoing also the UCGO ShuttleA external which become yet Shuttle-ACV (For Advanced Cargo Vehicle)

Dan, your work is just amazing! You're literally bringing Shuttle-A back to life with this refit. Are you going to upgrade its functionality too? For example, I haven't found if it's possible to use UCGO fuel cargo to refuel UCGO 2.5 version of Shuttle-A. Do you plan to fix it?

A little request: if you have time, could you please add a UCGO tanker version of Shuttle-A? I.e. the same shuttle with no UCGO deck but with additional fuel tanks instead. I hope it's not too much to ask such thing considering the amount of work you've already done for all the Orbiter community and, I'm not actually believe you'll find it necessary to do. But I thought I could try to ask at least :rolleyes:

Thank you again for all what you have done!