Apollo conspiracy theorists - Why won't they just go away?!

bujin

Reaction score
Where are the frames in question?
Looks like they don't even bother to show up their "evidence" any more.

I know the moon landings were faked. You can see the director's chair in one frame, and the sound boom operator screws up at one point - you can see the microphone hovering over one of the head of one of the astronauts.

Oh yeah, and that bit of audio that only I have ever heard where Frank Borman says to Jim Lovell "if they believe this, they'll believe anything", right before Lovell says to Ken Mattingly "be advised, there is a Santa Claus"...

It's all so obvious.

:thumbup:

Jamesep3

Reaction score
Conspiracy theorists are part of the same group of people as politicians. They both try to convince us with their lies (less tax) then they try to make us do somthing increadible stupid (like go to war, commit suicide because "it's the end of the world"). Unfortunately one we need and as long as theres one the other is sure to be around.:facepalm: For some reason it apears New Zealand is full of people more willing to belive the lies of the conspiracy theorist:facepalm: more than those of the politicion, Mabey someone should compare the accuracy of the politicions claims with those of the conspiracy theorist.:rofl:

steph

Reaction score
It hit rock bottom for me when I heard one of my teachers start with "When man allegedly landed on the moon". Most of the people around here sort of embraced the idea that they were faked. The conspiracy theorists are nutcases indeed, but unfortunately they shout out loud.

Tommy

Reaction score
I think one of the key "motivations" behind the conspiracy theorists is Pride. They aren't smart/educated enough enough to understand how it could be done - and too proud to admit that someone else just might be smarter/more educated enough to actually understand and DO it.

By pointing out the alleged evidence of a conspiracy, they can pretend (at least to themselves) that THEY are the smart ones. Enough other stupid (yet convinced they are smart) people agree with them, which further bolsters their egos.

Some people are just too insecure to admit there are things which they don't know or understand. Therefor, they invent explanations that they can understand - and cling to a belief in those explanations. Some people can't understand the relation between mass and gravity - therefore we have a "Flat Earth Society". Some can't understand that complex lifeforms can gradually come into existence by following simple rules of evolution, and therefore we have "Intelligent Design/Creationism".

For those of you who ignored the thread about the NasaScam dude, and missed my recap of my correspondence with that nutter, I'll give an example of how they "function" (or "malfunction", IMHO). First, what ever they think is a FACT. If you disprove the "fact", or point out the contradictions, they immediately resort to anger. The NasaScam dude, on his website, said - in the same paragraph - that the shadows on the moon should be darker because there is no atmosphere to slow the light coming onto the moon and lighting up the top of the LEM, but there's no air to carry the reflected light back to the light up the underside of the LEM. When I pointed out this contradiction he immediately resorted to the kind of language I wont use on an "all ages" forum!

By the same token, the Flat-Earth people say that "down" is always the same direction no matter where you are, but can offer no explanation of why that particular direction is "down" - it just is!

Belisarius

Obsessed with reality. Why?
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I agree with your point entirely about pride + ignorance = refusal to face real facts.

I think the

So bonkers I love it, and there are many more videos like that.

Last edited:

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
hanst anyone told them that the astronauts left a plate up there to measure the moons orbit, and it can be detected from earth... and has nobody thought to look for the discarded LEM descent stages at the landing sites (i think there were some landings on the "earth side of the moon" at least)

besides which, who would really set off one of those Saturns without good reason, it was somebody's signature i noticed a while back

only a fool would think we set off 9 of these monsters for show
or i think thats how it was

Belisarius

Obsessed with reality. Why?
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The last video of Mythbusters above covers the laser reflectors and would convince anyone with an open mind.

Regarding the remaining descent stages: neither terrestrial telescopes or Hubble could resolve these images, but the LRO has photographed them. Not good enough for sceptics, though, they say the LRO photos are faked.

And they do say precisely that the Saturn Vs were launched just for show. Or at best that the Apollo spacecraft remained in orbit before re-entering.

Kalman

Reaction score
I read lot about Apollo conspiracy and watched some movies about it on YT. I am very open minden person and i will hear every's opinion, but I try to be objective. Lots of conspiracies claims that pictures made on the Moon are wrong, the light is bad, the shading is bad etc. But...

Were they on the moon?! Did they put at least a single step on the Moon's surface?!
Were they there?!

Of course NOT! So how can they claim that pic from Moon are fake if they even werent there?!

Some of the people (not here, on Orbiter forum!) really lack a common sense. I said I am open minden. I believe in other civilisations. I believe that some of UFO's (not all!) are extraterrestial origin. But I believe also that landing on the Moon was true! And even I am not American,I am proud of it (especially today!), because it was one of the greatest achievement in our history!

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I too am proud of the moon landing achievement. It is not national pride. It is an inter-national pride. It is being proud to be human.

That is an amazing thing. I wish there could be more things we could have pride in like that.

Kalman

Reaction score
That is an amazing thing. I wish there could be more things we could have pride in like that.

The next steps is:

1. Return to the Moon.
2. Landing on Mars
3. i don't know really... but sooner or later we will find out and achieve this!

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well the only reason why we went to the moon was to bear the russians... And at some point we were going to make a joint launchers with the soviet union an then nixon cant into power... We had 3 more missions planed but public interest in the moon was waning and the missions were devestating out economy... I wonder if we sent the first man to the moon during the late 70s instead of the 60s?