Surface Base Apollo 11 Tranquility Base Scenery for Orbiter 2016

ggalfi

Reaction score
Since you have invested a lot of efforts to create a nice environment for Apollo 11 and 12 landing sites, Have you tried to contact Martin via PM and talk about the issue ?
I've written him today. Hope he'll be able to help us, as it affects most of the landing site (e.g. Apollo 16 landed just a few meters off to a pretty deep crater).

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How do you install it?

So you install in the Orbiter root directory. Read the doc

Last edited:

ggalfi

Reaction score
View attachment 22847

I'm getting this weird elevation issue from the Apollo 11 site. I'm using the main release of Orbiter 2016 with the D3D9 client.
Hi,

seem to me the elevation is magnified for somewhat reason. It once happened to me also, when I began to experiment with these elevation maps and used a scale factor lower than 1m (it is now 0.1 meter in the current release of A11 LS). But it was with an older version of D3D9Client, which handled incorrectly elevation maps with scale != 1.0 . Please make sure that you are using an up-to-date version of it, with Orbiter beta (and not the 2016 version). If you still have issues within that setup, I'll put more effort to investigate the issue. I haven't planned to release a version with scale==1, as I see Orbiter 2016 a legacy stuff and the Beta with D3D9 as the future. However if a few people say that I should do that then I'll give in.