Any news on OMP developement?

Kurt M. Weber

Reaction score
Has Face's OMP project made any significant progress in the last couple of years?

I remember he and I were working on separate projects, utilizing different concepts of how to manage the universe, but comparing notes as far as technical implementation of certain fundamental ideas (time synchronization, etc.) went.

I've recently gotten interested in making further progress on my own project, and I was wondering if OMP has come along any.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I haven't heard anything about OMP in a long time.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Nor have I, not like in a year. Last I heard though they were moving on well.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Has Face's OMP project made any significant progress in the last couple of years?

I remember he and I were working on separate projects, utilizing different concepts of how to manage the universe, but comparing notes as far as technical implementation of certain fundamental ideas (time synchronization, etc.) went.

I've recently gotten interested in making further progress on my own project, and I was wondering if OMP has come along any.

Well, actually OMP is part of the Orbiter Rocket Racing League. We had a few online racing sessions, but that's it. No official server...

OMP is still the same, just transfered to .NET . ATM I'm implementing tunnel support in order to get people with NAT problems into the game. You can follow the development here.
In addition, I have a project - called Common Orbiter(Object) Installation - running, which is not only fascinating (to me) in itself, but could very well be a foundation for OMP-setups, too.

I'm actually waiting for the Orbiter beta to get released before I release something to the public myself.

Regarding your project, I'm a bit sad you never actually showed results/mock-ups/prototyps to us. I'd be interested in your code-approach...

regards,
Face

Last edited: