General Question Any mirrors for the L11 & other high resolution textures?

N757QQ

Quirky Quark
Donator
Reaction score
So I have a new laptop that I am using for the few sims I use, and I am in the process of downloading all of the addons I use for the new install.

I have discovered that downloadorbitersim.com is down. All of them are not there, obviously, but most of the ones I am left looking for are, such as Earth L11 & L14.

I also searched orbiterhanger.com but did not find them there.

Anyone have any mirrors for these files?

Thank you,

N

N757QQ

Quirky Quark
Donator
Reaction score
Thank you C3PO, but those are the same links I have tried. I am trying to get to downloadorbitersim.com or downloadorbiter.com I think they are, where the high res earth textures are. The domain name lease expired May 18. I assume my best option is to wait for the owner to renew the lease, hopefully.

Thanks,

N

Last edited:

wouter320

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got the same problem, is the site going to go up again?

@Ironrain In the PM you sent, was there a mirror link, could I please get that as well?

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

Chewie

Reaction score
Hello,

I also wanted the high-res texture pack and would like to know if there is any way I could also download it.

Thanks!

StableIT

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
downloadorbitersim.com & downloadorbiter.com

Greetings all,

I had been working on a new release of the websites for downloads and we had a major financial setback here at the house. Sadly, this impacted the registration of those two domain names (which now will cost roughly $220.00 to recover).

I have all of the files and the newly designed website which I plan to try and finish this weekend on my last orbiter domain, orbitersimulator.com

I apologize for the troubles this may have caused and will aggressively work on a solution. Also, if anyone has a stack of money laying around, call me lol

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Also, if anyone has a stack of money laying around, call me lol

I had seen some money lately... when the month was still young. :lol:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Also, if anyone has a stack of money laying around, call me lol

You should get in touch with a guy called Elon. I bet he's in a good mood right now. :lol:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
While these mirror sites are down, I've obtained a copy of each of the torrents that was hosted on downloadorbitersim.com, and their magnet links. Those you can find at http://www.orbiter-radio.co.uk/transient/ - I can't host the large files via HTTP because I just don't have the bandwidth, but the torrents are all alive and perfectly downloadable.

Eric - I don't wish to step on your mirroring toes; let me know when you have your systems back on their feet and I'll be more than happy to take the temporaries down when there's a better alternative for people. :)

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

OF Staff Note: Threads on this topic merged to provide one coherent thread of information on the mirror sites status.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
http://orbiter.elementfx.com also has magnet links. (just a copy of Xyon's page at the moment, in case his is down). Also http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=27684 gives magnet links too.
And if any of them is down, Orbiter-Forum will have it on Orbiter Download page as "Optional Texture Packs" section (only torrents + magnet links, and only the official optional texture packs), and not only in a post, which everyone will forget in a couple of days, and ask again where to find them. :p

The Orbiter Download page will be updated soon.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Torrent downloads & magnet links of official optional texture packs are now available on the "Orbiter Download" page.

StableIT

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
While these mirror sites are down, I've obtained a copy of each of the torrents that was hosted on downloadorbitersim.com, and their magnet links. Those you can find at http://www.orbiter-radio.co.uk/transient/ - I can't host the large files via HTTP because I just don't have the bandwidth, but the torrents are all alive and perfectly downloadable.

Eric - I don't wish to step on your mirroring toes; let me know when you have your systems back on their feet and I'll be more than happy to take the temporaries down when there's a better alternative for people. :)

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

OF Staff Note: Threads on this topic merged to provide one coherent thread of information on the mirror sites status.

My great appreciation for the help, I've reassembled the website and gotten most of the database back on track.

I am currently uploading the files to the new location and verifying everything. If I can not get the 'big file packs' up there fully within a few days (where its 1 download for everything) then I will remove them and post the site with individual files while I work on that situation.

Really, outside of some database adjustments, getting the massive zip's on the remote server is about the last step for me, then I can get this online.

Very sorry for the trouble and thank you again Xyon

Marvin42

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My great appreciation for the help, I've reassembled the website and gotten most of the database back on track.

I am currently uploading the files to the new location and verifying everything. If I can not get the 'big file packs' up there fully within a few days (where its 1 download for everything) then I will remove them and post the site with individual files while I work on that situation.

Really, outside of some database adjustments, getting the massive zip's on the remote server is about the last step for me, then I can get this online.

Very sorry for the trouble and thank you again Xyon

Hello StableIT, :hello:
There was a Lvl 10 terain from Seth Earth [L10] . It appears to be missing from any other backup source available now online :(. Can it be posted on orbiterhangar or orbiter-forums or anywhere else so we can grab it untill your website is back online?

icedown

Reaction score
It's not a big connection but I have a 10mbit dedicated server I could host these off of if someone has a direct download. Bittorrent doesn't play well with it.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So yeah, old thread is old, but...

I think it might be a good idea to change the download link for the textures on the orbiter page. It still points to http://downloadorbitersim.com/ , and finding the textures can be a bit of a pain as I just learned (no worries, I found them, but the link on the page should be fixed none the less...)