Gaming Any IL-2 Sturmovik fans?

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Holy crap, the German voices are intense. Landing with a group of 20-30 aircraft becomes a real headache . . .

Stressful landing? I'll show you a stressful landing . . . :lol:

Ark

Reaction score
I kind of quit playing, but I cannot wait for Occulus Rift support for IL2. Dogfighting in VR from the cockpit is a gaming dream for me.

WelshGit

Reaction score
I played Il2 every day for a year or so (Single player only) Now I'm hooked on Rise of flight, A first word war combat sim. good community, stunning graphics and the best fm I've ever seen, and its free to play!

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
One year, every day, offline? Man, you don't know what you've been missing on those HL servers!

Anyway, RoF is a good one, although only its demo is free to play.

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
Awesome! But I think I stay with UP 3.0 for a while. Haven't run IL2 for some time, now that I have "advanced" to DCS. :D

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
funny thing how this thread popped up! - i was just playing it right now!:lol:

WelshGit

Reaction score
One year, every day, offline? Man, you don't know what you've been missing on those HL servers!

Anyway, RoF is a good one, although only its demo is free to play.
You get the full game now but only two aircraft, But new planes cost about $8 tho I got given a couple yesterday in a gift scheme.. Has career mode, a training campaign, quick missions, scenarios and multiplayer (very competitive!) would have played Il2 online but didn't have fast enough access.. R.O.F is an eye opener with a steep learning curve ( though not as steep as orbiter!) You realise on your first take off (and agian on your first spin!) that you have never played an FM quite like it. IMHO it beats IL2 hands down.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Patch 4.12.2 released by TD for IL-2 Sturmovik 1946!

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=40926

here is another fix patch which fixes only few anoying bugs, mostly affecting online play.

Fixes
• CmdUser console command shows only info allowed by server
• Too long loadout bug in mission transfer is fixed
• Killed gunner is now reported in the EventLog

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
If anyone still plays this and is keeping track, 'official' patch 4.14.1 just dropped.

So, regular 4.14 was a bit of a scandal last month, because it disabled/deleted 3rd party .exe files from the game's main directory (of which there are many legitimate ones that are not even true "mods".) I don't reccomend that anyone patch to bare 4.14. 4.14.1 is basically a hotfix for this and other issue.

New content, in keeping with the Forgotten battles theme, is making flyable obscure Eastern Front aircraft that you probably never heard of. In this case, an interwar-era Soviet flying boat and a rare German heavy bomber (actually, both are really nice). Some really nice "new" maps have been added, but to be fair they seem to be extremly similar to ones that were floating around the mod scene for years. The full mission builder had an overhaul.

Overall, I've been enjoying the new content, but I understand the people who keep 4.12 with a nice mod pack instead.