Project Almaz, Salyut, Soyuz.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I'm planing on restarting my project which will involve Almaz, Salyut, Soyuz addons.

I allready have some code down so it should only take me about 3 months to have a release cantadate.

What i want is input from the forum on fetures that you want included in the addons.

Almaz:
almaz1.jpg

Salyut(One of them):
salyut6.jpg

Soyuz 7-KT
Soyuz_7K-T_2-seats_drawing.png

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
Nice :speakcool:! What I want to see is have it launched on Mustard's baby. That sure would look good. Are you planning on putting the braking rockets on touchdown?

n72.75

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Nice :speakcool:! What I want to see is have it launched on Mustard's baby. That sure would look good. Are you planning on putting the braking rockets on touchdown?

Yes I am.

A planed fetues include:

Glowing Heat shield
Realistic Physical tollerences
simulated computer systems
simulated electrical and consumables
UMMU
2D pannels
3D VC(dynamic)

So basicly the whole nine yards.

what i need is sugestions on things like computer systems(actualy the computer systems are the only major setback so far).

so, please provide input.

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
Wow! Exactly what I'm looking for! If you mean computer systems on the spacecrafts, I do know that Soyuz had the Kurs automated docking system back then.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

By the way, a little off topic, but concerning your F-104 video (part 1), what song did you use?

n72.75

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Wow! Exactly what I'm looking for! If you mean computer systems on the spacecrafts, I do know that Soyuz had the Kurs automated docking system back then.

I think the Курс docking system is new, was't the Игла́ used on the '7KT?

Also, I have done extensive research into the functions of buttons on the panel shown below. But i haven't had much luck.
alpanel3.jpg

What do you think they are, maby registers controle for a simple degital computer. Or do they have a higher function.

I will just probably just end up inventing a function for them.

The song is: Beethoven's, Symphony No.9, 4th movement

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
I can't see the panel because the picture isn't showing. I'm pretty sure it was Kurs because I read about it being used in "One Small Step", which is a reference book.

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
Thanks! But you may have to invent some uses for these buttons unless you can find someone who is an expert on the systems.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
I've looked into the various Soyuz / Salyut / Mir panels and the best information I could find is this: http://web.mit.edu/slava/space/essays/essay-tiapchenko1.htm

Perhaps this helps, it seem related to the panel in question:
"these systems implement the principle of programmed temporal monitoring and control. On the program control indicator panel (above), a pointer moves along the time line. When the pointer reaches the mark of a particular command or a signal, an indicator on the right would light up when this command is executed. If the indicator does not light up, the operator enters this command via the command-signal device and monitors its execution by observing the corresponding indicator on the program control indicator panel." (http://web.mit.edu/slava/space/essays/essay-tiapchenko3.htm#g4)

I've also tried to check some Russian sources (using translation tools) but couldn't find any hard information, just a few good photos (here are a few of them that might be useful) that I hadn't see before. My suggestion is to use Mir as a reference, as it has the same basic configuration as the earlier stations.

Some time ago, I started to do an early Soyuz panel texture, some work on Salyut textures and a basic Mir/Salyut 3D VC that I'd gladly share if needed. All need some work but I could do it if needed. Here's an image of the VC (textures need to be redone of course, they come from several photos):

mirvc.jpg

Last edited:

n72.75

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Anyone who has coded a docking autopilot before:

I want to emulate(sort of) the docking autopilot of the '7K-T using a simulated radar system.

Does anyone have any sugestions for how to do this?

What I'm thinking is a send-receve type system between varibles in the soyuz and salyut modules.

Is this a good idea or do I just have my head up my butt again.

Thanks,
-Matt

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Anyone who has coded a docking autopilot before:

I want to emulate(sort of) the docking autopilot of the '7K-T using a simulated radar system.

Does anyone have any sugestions for how to do this?

What I'm thinking is a send-receve type system between varibles in the soyuz and salyut modules.

Is this a good idea or do I just have my head up my butt again.

Thanks,
-Matt

Don't do it perfectly. You only need to tell the salyut to rotate towards you. The rest can be done inside the Soyuz by just getting the Salyut position and velocity.

n72.75

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Don't do it perfectly. You only need to tell the salyut to rotate towards you. The rest can be done inside the Soyuz by just getting the Salyut position and velocity.

Sounds like a good idea, there will be a command which the user must enter that will tell Salyut to rotate, and the auto dock sequence begins.

What should the max. range for the autopilot to engage. I'm thinking 30km which would be the approx. distance between the target orbit and the chase orbit; is this to small a range though?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Sounds like a good idea, there will be a command which the user must enter that will tell Salyut to rotate, and the auto dock sequence begins.

What should the max. range for the autopilot to engage. I'm thinking 30km which would be the approx. distance between the target orbit and the chase orbit; is this to small a range though?

Just use the clbkConsumeBufferedKey function trick, should do it well for the Salyut. Just "ping" it so it initiates rotation towards you. Without the Soyuz commanding it towards it, it stops the motion.

This should help you about the math in the Soyuz:

http://www.svengrahn.pp.se/histind/RvDRadar/IGLA.htm

The first acquisition happened at 24 km distance.

n72.75

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Just use the clbkConsumeBufferedKey function trick, should do it well for the Salyut. Just "ping" it so it initiates rotation towards you. Without the Soyuz commanding it towards it, it stops the motion.

This should help you about the math in the Soyuz:

http://www.svengrahn.pp.se/histind/RvDRadar/IGLA.htm

The first acquisition happened at 24 km distance.

Ok, thanks, that helps.

back to codeing...

EDIT: I also found some additional reference material: http://history.nasa.gov/astp/APSYZ-descharac3.PDF

Last edited: