Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Because users care more about what does work with Orbiter than what doesn't. If you're looking for an addon and want to know if it's compatible with Orbiter 2010, but you only have a list of what has been tested and found broken, you still won't know.
Makes sense, to a point. Then again, if it works on one system, it does not guarantee other systems will support it, making same uncertainty, albeit smaller.

Isn't it the responsibility of the developer to determine whether or not their addon works, if they care about it continuing to work?
And how said developers are supposed to know what to update? One example, Orulex 1.2, works fine for me in O2010, yet people asked for an update. Update out, lots of thanks, zero feedback, request for an update again.
What does not work? How am i supposed to know?

Another example in a post above -
There's neither a Meshland nor a Collision module for Orbiter 2010 yet, hopefully Artlav will provide a new one
I sure would, but it's the first time i heard that there is a problem.

Bottom line, a list of add-ons that work is GOOD, users come first.
But a list of add-ons that don't is also welcome.

Anyway, enough ranting about myself, there's a great new Orbiter 2010P1 to try out and
There's now a Project Apollo - NASSP 7 Beta for Orbiter 2010-P1:
Which looks pretty much awesome.

Tschachim

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
nassp.sf.net
There's neither a Meshland nor a Collision module for Orbiter 2010 yet, hopefully Artlav will provide a new one
Another example in a post above - I sure would, but it's the first time i heard that there is a problem.

:embarrassed: Oops, I didn't even try it, I assumed it needs to be at least recompiled against the new API, but I'll check and correct that, sorry...

EDIT: Well, I checked it and it's not working, CTD in collision.dll directly before the simulation would start after loading of the scenario is done. Perhaps we should continue that here: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=1962.0

Cheers
Tschachim

Last edited:

skyteller59

Reaction score
Kulches' "Space Elevator" & "Space Research Center spaceports" seem to be working fine in 100830

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There's now a Project Apollo - NASSP 7 Beta for Orbiter 2010-P1:
http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=2460.0

Cheers
Tschachim

That seems to work better... although the Apollo 11 and tower aren't on the pad (is that what that folder means by "broken"?)... and I'm getting the same persistent problem with the 2D panel as I am with all other 2D panels in Orbiter 2010: the regions where buttons and movement is supposed to happen are see-through. (I've had this problem with the DG and lots of other add-ons.)

panelproblems.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Kulches' "Space Elevator" & "Space Research Center spaceports" seem to be working fine in 100830

Space Elevator works again? This is GOOD NEWS! Off to check it out to see if it's so!

---------- Post added 09-08-10 at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-07-10 at 11:20 PM ----------

W00t! The Space Elevator works! But ONLY if you follow the instructions and also install the Space Research Center spaceports afterward.

The bad news is, the Douglas Paracone does NOT work. And as the creator of the Ultimate BASE jumping scenario, that makes me sad.

However, I noticed there is a UMMU version available on Orbithangar, so I'm going to install that and do some scenario tweaking, and report back if it works...

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Success! I'll try to release an updated scenario tomorrow.

paraconejump.jpg

paraconeland.jpg

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
and I'm getting the same persistent problem with the 2D panel as I am with all other 2D panels in Orbiter 2010: the regions where buttons and movement is supposed to happen are see-through. (I've had this problem with the DG and lots of other add-ons.)

Possible solution in this thread.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Hmm, odd. What is your video card model? Can you please post your Orbiter.log?

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
bouyancy.dll does not work in 2010 P1, the blimps just sit like rocks on the ground.

---------- Post added 09-12-10 at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was 09-11-10 at 04:00 PM ----------

Caveat on the TX winged space launcher, release 5: While the TX plane works in 2010P1, the included VTOLX craft does not (it's invisible). Also, the Total Immersion cockpit for the TX Plane does not work with 2010P1.

---------- Post added 09-13-10 at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-12-10 at 01:48 PM ----------

Caveat on the Hubble Space Telescope v2.0 (servicable): The fully open telescope scenario works great. The one where you expand the parts, the solar panels get screwed up. The STS-61 scenario CTDs.

Jaakko

Reaction score
Jump Drive MFD working also in Orbiter 2010

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

SSD EXECUTOR(Star wars addon) Also working.
Shuttle Tyderium(Star wars addon) Also working.

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
BurnTimeCalc 2.0 is a great MFD and it works under 2010-P1.

Ark

Reaction score
Looks like Launch MFD has picked up a problem with P1, and LOLA crashes with P1.

Last edited:

jguillaumes

Reaction score
Soyuz_TMA0_6 does not work. Neither the TMAJ nor the Ural are visible nor flyable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Looks like Launch MFD has picked up a problem with P1, and LOLA crashes with P1.

Is it the 1.4.2 Launch MFD, by any chance? My setup is working pretty fine with Launch MFD.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Looks like Launch MFD has picked up a problem with P1.

Can anybody confirm this with 1.4.2, or hopefully deny this apart from Wishbone? :)