Add-ons working in Orbiter 2010 & 2010-P1

Ark

Reaction score
The Soyuz Series addon doesn't work, none of the models for the stages show up after seperation.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Can anyone confirm that it isn't possible to haul animated station building blocks with the newest universal cargo deck on an XR5? When I attach the modules to the 'deck I have CTD. Normal cfg modules work.

No problems using a standard delta glider in the very same scenario and the very same modules.

All of these addons are thought to be fully compatible with O2010 so I thought to post it here.

---------- Post added at 11:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 ----------

I've also tried to attach the cargo deck vessel to the [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3312"]UCD_carrier XR5 payload[/ame], but same result :(

Last edited:

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4247"]Baikonur Surface Tiles v1.1[/ame]

Baikonour surface tiles v1.1 works fine in Orbiter 2010

Submariner

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Just downloaded and installed the Soyuz series and the required Soyuz TMA CVEL 0.6. I also installed the stage.dll patch. When the stages separate, everything is fine. But when I jettison the TMA, its not visible anymore. I had this same problem with an Ariane 5 satellite payload. Is there a patch for this? I'm finding a lot of small problems with these addons that are supposed to be fully compatible.

Mantis

Reaction score
Just downloaded and installed the Soyuz series and the required Soyuz TMA CVEL 0.6. I also installed the stage.dll patch. When the stages separate, everything is fine. But when I jettison the TMA, its not visible anymore. I had this same problem with an Ariane 5 satellite payload. Is there a patch for this? I'm finding a lot of small problems with these addons that are supposed to be fully compatible.

The problem is not the Soyuz series which most definitely is compatible - it's with the Soyuz TMA which most definitely is NOT compatible based on my testing. The Soyuz Series addon works perfectly on it's own, with the Progress M1 and with other payloads.

Submariner

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Darn. Well, can someone make a 2010-compatible Soyuz TMA, then? :)

Mantis

Reaction score
Darn. Well, can someone make a 2010-compatible Soyuz TMA, then? :)

That would be nice! That Soyuz TMA addon is pretty good. I wish it worked.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

The Soyuz Series addon doesn't work, none of the models for the stages show up after seperation.

That's not caused by the Soyuz Series addon - it's the addons represented by those Payloads (E.g. Soyuz TMA). The Soyuz series most definitely works and should be put back on the list - I've used it extensively in Orbiter 2010. For example, if you install the latest Progress addon and launch it with the Soyuz Series, it works perfectly. I used the Soyuz Series addon last night to successfully launch a Venus Express probe.

Submariner

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
What about the Soyuz TMA that comes with Thorton's ISS? How is it, and could I install it alone?

Mantis

Reaction score
What about the Soyuz TMA that comes with Thorton's ISS? How is it, and could I install it alone?

I'm pretty certain that it's the same Soyuz TMA addon.

Edit: You know, it might be a new one. I'm grabbing that addon plus the patches now and I'll let you know how it works.

Edit2: We have a winner! The Soyuz TMA spacecraft in the ISS package WORKS. I only tried it in an on-orbit scenario and not a launch scenario but I'll try that next.

Last edited:

Ark

Reaction score
That's not caused by the Soyuz Series addon - it's the addons represented by those Payloads (E.g. Soyuz TMA). The Soyuz series most definitely works and should be put back on the list - I've used it extensively in Orbiter 2010. For example, if you install the latest Progress addon and launch it with the Soyuz Series, it works perfectly. I used the Soyuz Series addon last night to successfully launch a Venus Express probe.

[ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3822"]Progress M1[/ame]

Does this Progress work? So far none of the scenarios included with the Soyuz Series addon work properly.

Submariner

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
WOW! I downloaded all of Thorton's stuff too, and that TMA is AWESOME! Way better than the old CVEL one. Best part is, since my 'puter is too weak to run Thorton's ISS, I just launch Thorton's TMA with the Soyuz Series launcher I've always used, and use the ICGO ISS. Everything works great!

Mantis

Reaction score
WOW! I downloaded all of Thorton's stuff too, and that TMA is AWESOME! Way better than the old CVEL one. Best part is, since my 'puter is too weak to run Thorton's ISS, I just launch Thorton's TMA with the Soyuz Series launcher I've always used, and use the ICGO ISS. Everything works great!

So I noticed! I was about to say the same thing. I'm printing the manual right now. It's head's and shoulders above the old one.:thumbup:

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Progress M1

Does this Progress work? So far none of the scenarios included with the Soyuz Series addon work properly.

Yeah - that one works perfectly for me. Also grab Thornton's ISS addons - the Soyuz TMA in that works incredibly well. It's a huge improvement over the old CVEL version.

Ark

Reaction score
So I noticed! I was about to say the same thing. I'm printing the manual right now. It's head's and shoulders above the old one.:thumbup:

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Yeah - that one works perfectly for me. Also grab Thornton's ISS addons - the Soyuz TMA in that works incredibly well. It's a huge improvement over the old CVEL version.

I'm familiar with that, but the Progress definitely works no better than anything else. All the models for the ejected boosters fail to appear in 2010. What else could be wrong?

Submariner

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
You need the stage.dll patch for 2010 that can be found on Orbithangar. I found that I sometimes has to reinstall the patch after installing another addon that used multistage2.

Mantis

Reaction score
so the soyuz series itself is compatible in 2010?

Yes, the Soyuz series itself (not necessarily the 3rd party payloads loaded onto them) is fully compatible with 2010. I've used them for numerous missions including Venus Express and they worked flawlessly.