Ace Combat Thread

Unstung

Reaction score
Since I found there are actually, seemingly, quite a few other Ace Combat players here. Just general Ace Combat discussion if anyone is interested. I, myself, have Ace Combat 4, 5, 0, and X.

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
I have Ace Combat 04. I got it as a gift. It was quite good for it's time and I have got all planes + Paint schemes +skills unlocked and full ranks. Was playing it not too long ago. The only thing that is slightly bothersome is how planes seem to fly with Star Wars physics. Do any of the future titles improve flight/ballistic realism?

Jebusy

Reaction score
Ive got all of em except for 6, is it good?
Always one of those games that i love playin but every single time I play i feel bad because it could be so much better.

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes, Ace Combat 6 IS AWESOME! The best part IMHO is the instrumentals in the final mission. I won't give away spoilers, but it wraps up the asteroid Ulysses legacy.
Anyone ever think of making an Aigaion from 6 for Orbiter? I'd love to launch the DG from an airborne carrier such as Aigaion, or just do inverted passes of the VAB with it! :p

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, Ace Combat 6 IS AWESOME! The best part IMHO is the instrumentals in the final mission. I won't give away spoilers, but it wraps up the asteroid Ulysses legacy.
Anyone ever think of making an Aigaion from 6 for Orbiter? I'd love to launch the DG from an airborne carrier such as Aigaion, or just do inverted passes of the VAB with it! :p
I got Ace Combat 6 for Christmas. (XBOX 360) The gameplay, story, and graphics are all AWESOME! :speakcool:

CigDriver

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have X, and just got 6 for x-mas. I've only played the first mission in 6 so far but I have to say it is stunning in HD!

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
I have it for the 360. Though i had fun with the demo, the full game is just too arcadey for me, and the missions - which should make up for that - are seriously dull, though i confess that it bored me so much that i've only played through a handful of missions before moving on to a more entertaining game. I expect it picked up later on but it lost me before then... one of those games i've always wanted to give a second chance to, but i've never had the time.

Also incredibly dull, the storyline cutscenes and mission briefings. At least you can skip through the briefings.

It is a very beautiful game, however. With a large and detailed playing area. and the flight model doesn't feel too bad but there's not the same type of accomplishment you feel from completing a mission in an actual sim like falcon 4 or lomac. even if you've only blown up a radar dish and it's taken a couple of hours - as opposed to the entire airforce and related bases that you personally plough through in every mission in acecombat 6 - like you're the only one really making an effort to win.

That said, I'd have probably stuck with it if more people played it online.

Unstung

Reaction score
Ace Combat 6 seems to have got the lowest rating out of the series. I think Ace Combat 4 was the second real video game I got (on a game console, the PS2), after Gran Turismo 3. Of course, I do not find the game dull or boring since I have so many of them and so many hours on each. But, at first, I remember I did not like the game. I gave Ace Combat a second chance and came to like it. My main interests are aviation and space (flying mechanical objects?) - and I suppose Ace Combat goes with the flying interest. Ace Combat 5 probably has the best story, and Ace Combat 4 has the best gameplay in my opinion.
Although, I do not have any modern combat flight simulation. I have Combat Flight Simulator 3, which I like but gets boring after a while. Same thing applies with Flight Simulator 9 - but FS9 is probably my favorite just to fly on, I would get bored of just flying after a while on any game. I suppose I prefer more arcade-type combat simulators.
I also did mention Gran Turismo, my favorite game (GT4) and my favorite series. I do prefer driving simulators rather than driving arcade games by far. I wonder if anybody else here plays Gran Turismo.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I also did mention Gran Turismo, my favorite game (GT4) and my favorite series. I do prefer driving simulators rather than driving arcade games by far. I wonder if anybody else here plays Gran Turismo.

I played GT3 a lot (had finished i think like 80% of the races, including a few of the endurance ones). I never owned GT4 but rented it for long enough to build a tricked out DeLorean :p