Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Congratulations! Having a child is an extended duration stress-test. Dependant phase of the operation is expected to last between 18 and 24 years, full mission will last indefinitely.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Congratulations, finally an orbiternaut who also fits into Mercury spacecraft.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Just be careful you don't make the mistake my parents did: If you spend the first 2 years teaching him to walk and talk, you'll spend the next 16 trying to get him to sit down and shut up.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey! Congrats eveningsky, cute little tyke there! :)

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Congratulations! Now that he's gone EVA, how's his life support unit doing? Looks like he may be a little tired from the egress procedure -- but a happy little guy! Well done!
Oh, we had a lot of fun during the egress procedure, with the whole cord wrapped around his neck, and the "not breathing" fiasco... He snapped right out of it though.

The little insomniac appears to be nocturnal, though. :coffee: He also enjoys feeding three hours at a time. I think he lost the bottom of his stomach on the way out.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

You've picked a good old-school name for him, I see. May he enjoy the success of his namesake!
Funny you should mention it. My wife and I both knew of the name because it was biblical, but we didn't necessarily pick it for that reason. I found myself looking it up once we got home to make sure we didn't name him after a prophet of Baal or something. :lol:

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
Congratulations, vivat and huzzah:cheers: You are now embarking on the longest and most perilous mission of your life, fly well, and keep in touch with ground control :D

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Congratulations! :tiphat:

:hail::probe:

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
welcome aboard our beloved lump of sun-orbiting rock :thumbup: -

i hope you don't mind, but every time you pass this mark on your way around the sun, other humans will want to gather around a mass of bakery with lit candles stuck in it and chant disjointedly about how commemorable it is that you've completed another full orbit :hmm:

i too find this behaviour quite intriguing... and though i've been the object of such ritual 25 times so far, i still don't get it...

who knows... humans are weird....

welcome to the world, i hope we've managed to make it a bit better by the time you can begin to understand it :salute:

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Congratulations to you and your son!:thumbup:

KiwiBiggles

Reaction score
I'm just new here, but sincere congrats EveningSky. Being a Dad is the coolest job in the solar system... best wishes to you and your little man.

Mum probably helped a bit too. :thumbup: