News 6 yr old boy trapped inside Balloon!

SpaceNut

Reaction score
This is totally amazing, I'm watching live on Fox News a story about a 6 year old boy who climbed inside his father's home made Mylar balloon. It's a saucer shaped balloon with a gondola of sorts attached to the bottom of the balloon. At this point, authorities are clearing airspace around Denver International Airport, and trying to figure out a way to rescue this poor child. Keeping my fingers crossed that this ends well...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Now, this sounds like a bad moment to remind: Take-offs are optional, landings mandatory.

Is he already too high for attempting rescuing him with a helicopter?

Brad

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No kid in balloon. So where is Falcon?!

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
Apparently he wasn't in it. Balloon just landed, no payload inside. He may have fallen out prior to takeoff. I really hope the kid is ok

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Where should he be then?

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
He would either hiding in the basement or his body is lying anywhere within a good portion of the ground track of the balloon.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Update: Looks like authorities have found the missing boy. He was hiding in a box in his family’s garage!

SpaceNut

Reaction score
Well, at least the kid is OK. The idea of a stunt crossed my mind as well, because honestly, how long would it take you to search your entire house? If my kid was missing, and it was unknown weather he was in the balloon, I would certainly have searched the entire house, including the attic in far less than 6 hours, especially with law enforcement around to help execute the search. I'm starting to smell something fishy....

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Houes after it happened, and my mom would still be woopin' my hide for that stunt. She'd have made me wish I fell out of a stinkin' balloon from a very great height.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Houes after it happened, and my mom would still be woopin' my hide for that stunt. She'd have made me wish I fell out of a stinkin' balloon from a very great height.
Apparently the boy didn't actually do anything, though...

sunshine135

All Around Good Guy
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I guess that's what happens when you you put a Falcon in a box in your attic....I know there is a joke in their somewhere!

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Apparently the boy didn't actually do anything, though...
Hiding in the garage attic for six hours is not "nothing". It's enough for a whooping in my home.

I expect it to "Sink" into Saturn once they end its mission.
Umm, probe confusion? I don't see New Horizons getting anywhere near Saturn, perhaps you were thinking of Cassini?
nhcp20091001_0363.jpg