Question Your Favorite Movies

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
-Castaway (and most other Tom Hank's films)
-A Beautiful Mind
-Shawshank Redemption
-A Bridge Too Far

Never seen the fourth, but the others are all in my list of amazing amazing films that I could watch forever.

Anyway a week ago I saw Being John Malkovich and Requiem for a Dream. They're now both among my favorite movies.

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
I saw Superman from 1978 again recently. I forgot how awesome that movie was (also didn't know that Larry Hagman and John Ratzenberger made guest appearences). And seriously, who can beat this theme:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hmm... I know it's not supposed to be limited to space movies, but my favourite movies are Apollo 13 and 2001:A Space Odyssey.
I can't say I watch many movies, though. Among my other favourites are:Aliens (the first one),
Joyeux Noel (one of many underappreciated French films), and
The Iron Giant (a children's movie, but for some reason I really like it)

I'm sure right after I post this I'll think of some other movie I really enjoyed. :p

EDIT: Yep, I was right. I loved Jurassic Park when I first saw it. It's old and cliched now, but I liked it.

Last edited:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yep, I was right. I loved Jurassic Park when I first saw it. It's old and cliched now, but I liked it.

I saw Jurassic Park rather recently, and you're right- it is old and cliched now.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I remember the opening scene of Superman: The Movie when I was a little kid in the theatre back in 78. The opening credits were really cool, but I remember thinking that it was basically borrowing from Star Wars (1977). The credits and music both seemed to be trying to compete with Star Wars.

Not that I complained. If you were a little boy back then, this was the movie you had to go see, so you could brag to your friends about it. And remember, back then nobody even had a VCR yet, and most of us didn't have cable movie channels yet, either. If you missed it in the theatres, you were out of luck!

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
mine are:
Armageddon,
Apollo 13,
Deep rescue,
deep impact,
Impact (it's actually a serie with 2 episodes, but if you paste them together, you have a movie ;))

that's it I think

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Every single Tim Burton's movie except "Alice" :p

Sar

Reaction score
Not in any order, but these ones I recall worth the time they take to watch

The cube
Apollo 13
Deep impact
Contact
(random submarine movie where they were supposed to be on a practice mission, but it turned out not to be, but I can't remember the name of that movie)

The first three Indiana Jones movies (The fourth is a southpark depicted it)
Avatar was a nice watch as well.

There's tons of these, we used to watch a lot of movies, but nowadays we mostly watch different TV serieses (spelling?)

Currently I'm trying to find time to watch the swiss scifi flick Cargo and another never heard movie called Pandorum. Both seem like they might be worth the time.

(Time for a confession which prolly leads to me being banned from O-F and be shunned by all the members : I've never seen "2001: the space odyssey" please don't beat me up now.)

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
The opening credits were really cool, but I remember thinking that it was basically borrowing from Star Wars (1977). The credits and music both seemed to be trying to compete with Star Wars.

I don't think that they were trying to compete because the music for Star Wars and Superman were done by the same composer:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Williams"]John Williams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Graham2001

Reaction score
Well at the moment I'm watching the original version of The Andromeda Strain and the film makers have already got one tick of approval, this is their 'crashed spacecraft'...

My first thought was "Stardust!" and given what they could have shown, I'm quite impressed...

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
A few of my all-time favourites:

Brazil
Abre los ojos
American graffiti
Blade runner
Naked lunch
Dr Strangelove
Bringing up baby

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Brazil is an all time classic. I just love the plumbing scene in the main characters apartment.

Mine has to be:

Hot Fuzz
Fifth Element
Apollo 13
10,000 BC
And I know a lot of people will disagree but Twilight.

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I loved Jurassic Park when I first saw it. It's old and cliched now, but I liked it.

A lot of movies you thought you liked, you'll go back and and see part of them and be like, "I remember this was better..."
With Jurassic Park it's kind of sad that it gets cliche, because it was probably original when it first came out. Standards change, I guess.

And, just to throw this out there:
Naisu no Mori.
YES.
One of the biggest comedy WTF movies ever. More so than Monty Python and the Meaning of Life. Although it's kind of structured in the same way. I would list more, but no.

Jamesep3

Reaction score
Mine are
Lord of the Rings the Fellowship of the Ring
the Two Towers
and finnaly the Return of the King
All made in NZ. Im no patriot. Im English I've lived here for 6 years now. A legal resident:shifty:

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Man I haven't thought about Brazil in years... Think I may hit up Netflicks, Terry Garr was such a hottie back in "the day".

I need to plug Secondhand Lions. It would have been funnier if they hadn't cut a few scenes.