You know you're addicted to Orbiter when...

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
When you're driving around, and you see any one of these:

XR-
TLI
TEI
LOI

. . . etc. on the license plate of the car in front of you, and you think of Orbiter.

jimblah

Reaction score
Donations

You argue with your girl friend over how much you can donate to the forum. As soon as the dust clears, it's a done did deal.
:facepalm:

GigaG

Reaction score
When you try to find the Escape key to press it 3 times and eject when a roller coaster dives.

Also, with all this talk of "Air on the G String", I'll personally say that I don't like the song and always disable Orbitersound's MP3 function.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
When you call out "rotation" and "translation" when moving images on an image editor.

(Guilty, when I was making my skins)

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
... you get annoyed with people saying "guilty", because it's obvious we're all guilty of everything in this thread.
... when your friends tell you to turn retrograde and take you to an OA meeting.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
...you can't understand why NASA doesn't use Orbiter for its 'artist's depictions' of missions.

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
...you can't understand why NASA doesn't use Orbiter for its 'artist's depictions' of missions.

I use Orbiter for my own ones, together with SolidWorks, I create and fly the Ship in Orbiter, but because I can't make msh's I than use SolidWOrks to construct the ship, render a movie from it and than I collage both together with Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CS-5

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
when you're the office go-to guy for all space and physics related matters *

when you're the one who tells your friends what's the latest in spaceflight news (whether they care or not) *

when you find gravity very uncomfortable, and find yourself in need to take a break from it from time to time *

when your definition of someone being "rich" encompasses having enough money to launch stuff into orbit *

when you don't think 200k for a space-tourism ticket is "too expensive" *

when you're already saving up for the above :lol:

when you spend a socially-unacceptable amount of time reading through full mission transcripts in spacelog.org *

* = guilty

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
when you're the office go-to guy for all space and physics related matters * when you're the one who tells your friends what's the latest in spaceflight news (whether they care or not) * when you find gravity very uncomfortable, and find yourself in need to take a break from it from time to time * when your definition of someone being "rich" encompasses having enough money to launch stuff into orbit * when you don't think 200k for a space-tourism ticket is "too expensive" * when you're already saving up for the above :lol: when you spend a socially-unacceptable amount of time reading through full mission transcripts in spacelog.org * * = guilty

GUILTY AT ALL
:lol::rofl::lol:

greetings:tiphat:, HAL9001

iamwearingpants

Just an Earth-bound misfit, I
Reaction score
When you compare G's you feel on amusement park rides with planets in the solar system.

.........................Pluto................................................................../
Like:.Mars............./..\................................................................./
......../..\............/.....\................0g hills, woo!.............________..../
......./....\ Saturn/........\Jupiter/..\Uranus/..\Uranus/..\___l_________/

Also, when you think of brakes as retrograde burns :p

Nazban

Reaction score
When you use a keyboard to control your car, and + for accelerate, and - to decelerate.
You lightly tap the + once, thinking that there is no friction to stop you going on forever.
When you take a quick turn, your finger automatically presses 5 :lol:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You lightly tap the + once, thinking that there is no friction to stop you going on forever.
When you take a quick turn, your finger automatically presses 5 :lol:

If you figure out a way to engage translation mode, you'll be rich.